Reporting version numbers
- The calendar guided bug page could include the version number dropdown.
- Reporters are more likely to enter the version number if there is a field on the bugzilla-helper page, rather than filling it in after the first report is submitted.
- The build identifier should not be filled in automatically with the browser build identifier
- Was mostly useful for calendar extension on mozilla suite. Now that sunbird standalone or lightning extension to thunderbird are primary deployments, the browser version is irrelevant, and filling the field may discourage users from noticing the empty field and filling it with the more relevant build id. (Filed bug 308943 Gekacheka 07:59, 17 Sep 2005 (PDT))
- Add a "report bug" command/link that autofills build id and version number
- Add a "report bug" command/link to about-page of
non-final versions of non-browser products like sunbird and lightning,
and it automatically supplies the build-id and version number as part
of the URL so it can be included on the enter_bug.cgi?format=guided
Requires changes to the bugzilla page to populate the field with the supplied build-id. (Filed bug 308950 Gekacheka 07:59, 17 Sep 2005 (PDT))