[11:33] <ctalbert> ===== Chat Starting Header ======= [11:33] <ctalbert> Congratulations and Thanks to everone on shipping 0.3.1!!!!! [11:33] <ctalbert> I know we're all glad to have that effort behind us. [11:34] <ctalbert> Thanks to mschroeder, we have an agenda today, and it is here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:QA_Chat:2007-02-22#Talking_Points [11:34] =-= eor|brb is now known as eor [11:34] <eor> i m back [11:35] <ctalbert> One thing I wanted to do before diving into the bugs was to go over what went well for the 0.3.1 release. And also to talk about what we can do to improve for the 0.5 release [11:36] <Archaeopteryx> one point: i hope addons.mozilla.org will have launched v3 (remora) and i will talk to the admins to make calendar a trusted add-on so that if you send it to amo, it will be automatically published. anyone against this? we have the qa testdays [11:36] <ctalbert> So...one thing that went very well was that we had a lot of people join us and help out with testing on timezones and locales. I thought that was very positive. [11:37] <ctalbert> Archaeopteryx: I'm not specifically against that, I would just recommend that you check with lilmatt first to keep him in the loop on that. [11:38] <Archaeopteryx> ok, he can do this if he wants, there has to be probably someone official [11:38] <ctalbert> This would only auto-publish the release builds of Lightning right? Not the nightlies? [11:38] <Archaeopteryx> yes [11:38] <ctalbert> Then I'd be ok with it. [11:39] <ctalbert> One of the big problems we had during the release were the test cases -- I think that they could have been better and easier to run. I'm going to expend some effort on those before we get into the 0.5 release cycle. [11:39] <ctalbert> eor: Did you have any feedback from the students? [11:40] <ctalbert> Everyone should feel free to jump in... [11:40] <eor> yes i do [11:40] <ctalbert> cool [11:40] <eor> Timezone test cases are too long for student to start with [11:41] <eor> last time when we were running the testday with them, I was with them and it took them more than an hour to get one test case done [11:41] <eor> even though they were happy that they find a bug and were able to file the bug, they seems to be a little discourage or in another word bored by the long test case [11:42] <ctalbert> That's good feedback. Damian has a rule that it should take no longer than 1 minute to read a litmus test case and no more than 2-5 to run it. [11:43] <ctalbert> The timezone tests were definitely hideous. [11:43] <eor> yeah, the timezone test cases should really be broken down much further [11:43] <eor> i was surprise that we didnt scared them away and they have the patient keep going with testing [11:43] <eor> :D [11:44] <ctalbert> That's good. Was there more? [11:44] <eor> yup, we are hoping to encourage more student to get involve, it is hard during school year, because they have other courses to focus on [11:45] <eor> however, i m thinking that student in 2nd year should be familiar with computer envionrment already. They should be able to run thru simple test cases on litmus [11:45] <ctalbert> I understand. Did anyone else have feedback on the release process? Do you see things that we could do differently/better? [11:46] <eor> it is good to start them in 2nd year, because they could being with doing user testing to learn more about OSS, and then they could have further development for OSS in their 3rd year and etc [11:48] <ctalbert> We are planning (tentatively) to release 0.5 at the end of March/beginning of April. Keep an eye on the newsgroup for a post about that schedule. So, we'll be adjusting the QA cycle to that schedule soon. In the meantime, we'll start the "every two week" test days on March 6. [11:49] <mschroeder> Sounds good. [11:49] <ctalbert> If anyone thinks up something that we should change or do to speed up the QA process on the release then let me know, either in here or via email: ctalbert.moz at gmail.com [11:49] <ctalbert> One thing I want to do before then is look at code coverage w.r.t. our testcases. That's an undertaking in itself, so if anyone wants to volunteer to help, let me know. [11:50] <ctalbert> Ok. Let's go on to QA Discussion bugs: http://tinyurl.com/yhwge4 [11:51] <mschroeder> i added some today [11:51] <ctalbert> Yeah, I saw that in my bugmail. The First bug 362918 [11:51] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362918 nor, --, ---, email@example.com, UNCO, Installer reports insufficient disk space [11:51] <mschroeder> I think, this is in the wrong component. [11:52] <ctalbert> +1 [11:53] <ctalbert> we'll move it. [11:53] <ctalbert> 368269... [11:53] <mschroeder> I'll do that? [11:53] <ctalbert> ok sounds good [11:56] <eor> dave, my teacher is running a mozilla crash course next week, so hopefully we got more people to get involve [11:56] <mschroeder> 368292: First the reporter thought one event is duplicated, but the event began befor midnight and ended after. [11:56] <ctalbert> eor: That's awesome. [11:56] <ctalbert> mschroeder: I think we can mark it as a dupe, like Stefan mentioned. [11:56] <eor> next week is study week, will see if we can remind the student in to club to get more involement too [11:57] <firebot> firstname.lastname@example.org set the Resolution field on bug 368269 to DUPLICATE of bug 337191. [11:57] <firebot> Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=368269 maj, --, ---, email@example.com, RESO DUPLICATE, When I create a non-recurring event it duplicates to the immediate next day [11:57] <firebot> Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=337191 nor, --, ---, firstname.lastname@example.org, NEW, Event/Task Dialog always shows times in OS timezone regardless of timezone preferences [11:57] <mschroeder> okay [11:57] <ctalbert> bug 369962 is next [11:57] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=369962 min, --, ---, email@example.com, UNCO, sunbird : changing alarm sound doesn't show full path only file name [11:58] <ctalbert> Oh this is that alarm path issue. [11:58] <ctalbert> What it shows you is the chrome path to the file. I think for this we should just change the test case. I don't think it is important enough to bother with changing the application. [11:58] <ctalbert> What do others think? [12:00] <ssitter> iirc Thunderbird also only shows the filename for the new mail sound [12:00] <eor> sorry, just have a question that not related in here, but hoping that you can give me feedback [12:00] <ctalbert> ssitter: that's good enough for me. Let's change Litmus. [12:00] <eor> Is "Vista locking out security vendor" a good white paper topic? [12:01] <ctalbert> eor: sure. I can talk to you more about that after the meeting, if you want. [12:01] <ctalbert> bug 370059 s next [12:01] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=370059 nor, --, ---, firstname.lastname@example.org, UNCO, Printing color in Lightning gives B/W [12:01] <eor> thanks ctalbert! [12:03] <eor> you want to re-work on some test cases on litmus b4 next release right? I can help out with that next week. what about i try to re work some of the timezone test cases [12:03] <mschroeder> We have some similar bugs and you (ctalbert) investigated the behavior with printing in b/w and color. [12:04] <ctalbert> mschroeder: yes, I remember. I don't know if the printing componentry in Lightning is similiar enough to the printing componentry in Sunbird to mark this as a DUPE or not. [12:04] * ctalbert imagines it is the same [12:04] <ctalbert> Let's add lilmatt and daniel to the CC list and ask them. [12:05] <ssitter> basically the problem is that we don't have a real print preview (350099) [12:05] <ctalbert> Is that what causes all these headaches? [12:05] * ctalbert looks at 350099 [12:05] <ssitter> that shows a preview based on the print/page options [12:06] <ssitter> like with/without colors [12:07] <ctalbert> Ah. I get you. Do you think we should dupe 364842, 370059, and 367898 all against that bug? [12:07] <ctalbert> eor: I would really appreciate help with reworking the testcases! Thanks!! [12:07] <mschroeder> How can I change product _and_ component for a bug in one step? [12:08] <ctalbert> mschroeder: Try changing product then clicking on component link? [12:09] <ctalbert> lilmatt: Do you have any advice for what to do with this slew of printing bugs? [12:09] <lilmatt> wait until cairo [12:09] <ctalbert> Uh...I meant should we dupe them against the print preview bug or not. [12:09] <ctalbert> Do you feel they are all the same issue? [12:10] =-= Fallen|away is now known as xFallenAngel [12:12] <mschroeder> ctalbert: clicking on component link doesn't work... strange [12:12] <lilmatt> not entirely. [12:12] <ssitter> mschroeder: i think if you change the product and than you comitt the changes you'll be asked for component [12:12] <lilmatt> I'd make them depend on it [12:12] <mschroeder> ssitter: thanks [12:12] <ctalbert> Okay. Thanks lilmatt, we'll do that. [12:13] <ctalbert> Bug 370803 is mine (Litmus tests -- specifically the timezone mess). [12:13] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=370803 nor, --, ---, email@example.com, UNCO, litmus-tests lacking information [12:13] <firebot> firstname.lastname@example.org changed the Product on bug 362918 from Calendar to Toolkit. [12:13] <firebot> Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362918 nor, --, ---, email@example.com, UNCO, Installer should check the free space for the unc path [12:14] <ctalbert> Bug 371133 is next [12:14] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=371133 maj, --, ---, firstname.lastname@example.org, UNCO, Extra linebreak in ics/webdav publishing removes SUMMARY in Apple iCal [12:16] <ssitter> can someone with iCal confirm this issue? [12:16] <ctalbert> sure give me a moment [12:16] <ssitter> otherwise i think it's a duplicate/depends on bug 324198 [12:16] <firebot> ssitter: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=324198 nor, --, ---, email@example.com, NEW, Bad line ends when exporting event with long UID [12:19] <ctalbert> ssitter: Using the sample from 324198, I can recreate the issue in iCAL. I think 371133 is a dupe of 324198 [12:20] <ssitter> this answers Comment #7 from bug 324198 [12:21] <ssitter> but in that case i maybe mark it dependend [12:21] <ctalbert> too late [12:21] <firebot> firstname.lastname@example.org set the Resolution field on bug 371133 to DUPLICATE of bug 324198. [12:21] <ctalbert> yeah, I guess depend is a better relationship there. [12:23] <ctalbert> ssitter: Should I reopen it and mark it as a dupe? [12:23] <ctalbert> sorry, should I reopen it and mark it as *depends*? [12:24] <mschroeder> ctalbert: don't forget to remove the qa flag :) [12:25] <ctalbert> I also forgot to remove the qa flag, so I have to edit it anyway. [12:25] <ctalbert> heh, thanks [12:25] <ssitter> or we just add the info to the summary and proceed as proposed by dmose in comment 7 [12:26] <ctalbert> ok, let's do that. [12:27] =-= eor is now known as eor|afk [12:28] <firebot> email@example.com requested blocking-calendar0.5 from the wind on bug 324198. [12:28] <firebot> Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=324198 nor, --, ---, firstname.lastname@example.org, NEW, Incorrect line endings with long UID loses SUMMARY information in Apple iCal [12:30] <ctalbert> That's the QA Discussion list. I want to deviate from the agenda here. [12:31] <ctalbert> xFallenAngel: Earlier today, Archaeopteryx and I were discussing the FTP authentication issues in bug 347128 and bug 273478 [12:31] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347128 nor, --, ---, email@example.com, RESO WORKSFORME, Changes to a remote calendar using ftp (without providing the username/password in the URL) are not [12:31] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=273478 nor, --, ---, firstname.lastname@example.org, NEW, Anonymous FTP confuses Firefox calendar logging into remote server [12:32] <ctalbert> Can you find a way to summarize the remaining issues with FTP authentication and file any needed bugs against Product: "Core" and Component: "Network:FTP"? [12:33] <ctalbert> My hunch is that we are running into problems because we expect Sunbird (a calendaring app) to use FTP differently than Firefox (a browser) uses FTP. [12:33] <ctalbert> And the FTP componentry probably defaults to Firefox acceptable behavior. [12:35] <xFallenAngel> I haven't read both bugs in detail yet, but it seems the issue described is that anonymous login confuses some ftp servers. As stated in the first bug, the easy workaround for such servers is using ftp://user@host/, I personally think that is enough to WONTFIX all upcoming bugs on that [12:35] <xFallenAngel> those users will have the same probems in firefox [12:35] <xFallenAngel> and probably use the same workaround [12:36] <xFallenAngel> The only other ftp issue I remember is the two-channels bug, but I think we have that described somewhere [12:37] <Archaeopteryx> issues: 1. so the user has to write his loginname into his profile 2. the prompt is talking about entering username and password for "" [12:37] <ctalbert> Archaeopteryx: Isn't there another issue where the user has to put his password into the URL also? Or was that only a configuration issue for that particular FTP server? [12:38] <Archaeopteryx> for me worked ftp://user@host to download and edit [12:38] <mschroeder> On the QA TODO list we have: "Need a follow on FTP bug regarding the fact that separate channels are used for reading and writing." [12:40] <xFallenAngel> I'll try to whip something up, giving you guys a preview before I post, in case I misunderstood of forgot something [12:40] <ctalbert> Archaeopteryx: I think that the prompt business is a known issue on the FTP bugs...there are several about prmpt not being completed: 139851 for instance [12:40] <Archaeopteryx> thx [12:41] <ctalbert> xFallenAngel: Ok. So do you think we can WONTFIX 273478 and suggest the username workaround instead? [12:42] =-= eor|afk is now known as eor [12:42] <xFallenAngel> Well, if the core people have a bright idea how to manage this, then its not WONTFIX. [12:42] <xFallenAngel> I'd say when the core bug is filed, dupe them against it. [12:43] <ctalbert> Ok. That makes sense. Then let us know what you come up with for a Core bug, and we'll take it from there. Thanks. [12:43] <xFallenAngel> sure thing :) [12:43] <ctalbert> Archaeopteryx, xFallenAngel FTP bugs with "prompt" in them: http://tinyurl.com/23fw4g [12:44] <ctalbert> Okay. That's the end of our time today. I'm going to try to carve out some time to work on QA Wanted bugs next week, and I will post something up onto the channel topic or the TODO list or both (and the google calendar) to let people know about it. [12:45] |<-- Andreas has left irc.mozilla.org (Quit: Chatzilla 0.9.67+ [SeaMonkey 1.0.7/2006121112]) [12:45] <ctalbert> Thanks again for all your help in releasing 0.3.1 and every day. We couldn't do it without you!