Calendar:QA Chat:2006-03-01:Log

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[18:32] <mschroeder> Let's get started with the QA Chat. The agenda is at:
[18:33] <mschroeder> ctalbert is in meetings, so I volunteered to run the QA Chat today.
[18:34] <mschroeder> Does anyone want to bring up something in particular?
[18:34] <ctalbert> I am wondering if we should also state that we are testing the Google Calendar Provider on the test day on Tuesday.
[18:35] <ctalbert> I think that would get us a lot of attention, and we need to bring some of our testers back, and pick the momentum up again as we ramp up to the 0.5 release.
[18:35] <mschroeder> ctalbert: I thought the same when I saw the checkin some minutes ago.
[18:35] <ctalbert> I will ask Fallen|away  about this later.
[18:36] * ulf has joined #calendar-qa
[18:36] <mschroeder> Okay.
[18:36] <ctalbert> I am working on the wiki page for the test day for that.
[18:37] <mschroeder> The next Calendar Test Day on Sunbird will be Tuesday, March 6. ctalbert already prepares the wiki page:
[18:37] <ctalbert> ulf: Is there anything you want me to suggest that we test on WCAP in the testday for Tuesday?
[18:38] <mschroeder> We'll be focusing on Sunbird because we release it the first time from the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH and maybe the Google Calendar Provider.
[18:39] <ulf> ctalbert: hmm, let me think about that
[18:40] <ctalbert> ok
[18:41] * ctalbert lets mschroeder run the meeting now :-)
[18:41] <mschroeder> Next thing I have to announce is a QA Work Session tomorrow starting at 12:00 UTC.
[18:42] <mschroeder> We want to focus on the qa discussion and wanted bugs. We'll just go through those and see how many we can clear.
[18:42] <mschroeder> There are only 84 unconfirmed non-enhancement bugs left. :)
[18:44] <mschroeder> Let's go on to QA Discussion bugs: . We have 12 bugs with [qa discussion needed].
[18:45] <mschroeder> First one is bug 257146.
[18:45] <firebot> mschroeder: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, Unable to change start and end dates if locale date format is unexpected
[18:47] * Fallen|away is now known as xFallenAngel
[18:47] <mschroeder> There were some checkins in 2004 for dateUtils.js. But I think this file isn't used anymore.
[18:47] <firebot> Bug enh, --, ---,, ASSI, Add Minimal Support for Google Calendar
[18:50] <mschroeder> No comments, so next one is bug 353887.
[18:50] <firebot> mschroeder: Bug nor, --, ---,, NEW, Calendar Internal Code has errors when calculating recurrences with all-day and non-allday items
[18:51] * xFallenAngel is now known as Fallen|away
[18:53] <mschroeder> No comments, so next one is bug 359796.
[18:53] <firebot> mschroeder: Bug maj, --, ---,, NEW, Alarms fire too early
[18:54] <mschroeder> We have three bugs of that kind. So we should find a way to reproduce them.
[18:57] <Archaeopteryx> i know this one, i'll try to reproduce it
[18:58] <mschroeder> Archaeopteryx: thanks. please report back in one of these bugs.
[18:58] <Archaeopteryx> maybe we should ask the people to exactly file date & time of event and when the alarm is fired
[18:58] <Archaeopteryx> if iirc, the max offset for me was/is six hours
[19:00] <mschroeder> Archaeopteryx: every six hours there is some kind of renewal of all alarms. maybe this is the cause.
[19:04] <mschroeder> Archaeopteryx: You're right. We should ask for correct data on date and time of event/alarm.
[19:04] <mschroeder> I'll put it on my todo list.
[19:05] <Archaeopteryx> thanks
[19:05] <mschroeder> Next one is bug 360749.
[19:05] <firebot> mschroeder: Bug nor, --, Sunbird 0.5,, NEW, Severe Error when changing what calendar the task should belong to.
[19:07] <mschroeder> I would mark it WFM. The reporter didn't provide more information and it is definitely WFM with storage calendars.
[19:10] <mschroeder> Okay, we'll decide tomorrow. :)
[19:10] <mschroeder> Next one is bug 362501.
[19:10] <firebot> mschroeder: Bug nor, --, ---,, NEW, Scrollbars disappear on the Calendar view when resizing the screen to a small window size
[19:11] <ctalbert> mschroeder: I think that 360749 is WFM, and tell him that we will reopen if he provides better steps.
[19:12] <mschroeder> ctalbert: I'll do that.
[19:13] <firebot> set the Resolution field on bug 355117 to FIXED.
[19:13] <firebot> Bug enh, --, ---,, RESO FIXED, Add Minimal Support for Google Calendar
[19:13] <ctalbert> ^^^ WHOOP ^^!!!!!
[19:14] <ctalbert> (sorry)
[19:14] <mschroeder> :))
[19:15] <ctalbert> I'll be back in a little while.  Thanks for taking over this meeting, mschroeder 
[19:15] * ctalbert has quit IRC (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep�)
[19:15] <mschroeder> I think 362501 is still an issue.
[19:17] <mschroeder> Next one is bug 363932.
[19:17] <firebot> mschroeder: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, Delete Warning should be redesigned
[19:18] * Fallen|away is now known as xFallenAngel
[19:19] <mschroeder> lilmatt: Are bugs 363932 and 320178 considered for 0.5?
[19:20] * ssitter has joined #calendar-qa
[19:20] <lilmatt> looking
[19:21] <lilmatt> bug 363932 was originally scheduled for 0.5 I believe.  I think it's a "if it's ready, we'll take it" bug now
[19:21] <lilmatt> same with the other
[19:22] <mschroeder> I'll confirm it and add an dependency to 320178.
[19:24] <mschroeder> Next one is Bug 365036.
[19:25] <firebot> mschroeder: Bug min, --, ---,, UNCO, Password prompt required for each remote calendar if not remembering passwords
[19:26] <mschroeder> Isn't there an issue with passwords on the same server and how they are stored?
[19:27] <bbbrowning> this is an http issue, mostly
[19:27] <bbbrowning> happens with CalDAV too
[19:28] <bbbrowning> I should probably have confirmed already
[19:28] <mschroeder> bbbrowning: Do you know if there is already a bug for those problems?
[19:28] <bbbrowning> this is the bug currently. there was a similar bug previously which mvl solved by implementing autologin
[19:28] <bbbrowning> this reporter does not want to store credentials
[19:30] <mschroeder> ah, okay. 
[19:30] <bbbrowning> the interesting thing here, I think, is that reporter clearly thinks of the http authrealm  and ics calendars in it, in the same way we think of accounts and mailfolders in tbird
[19:31] <mschroeder> You're right, but I don't know if we should confirm it.
[19:32] <bbbrowning> I'd be inclined to
[19:33] <lilmatt> The problem with that is 
[19:33] <mschroeder> bbbrowning: It would be nice, if you at least comment on the bug as it also happens with CalDAV.
[19:34] <bbbrowning> from a CalDAV perspective, when we implement scheduling this bug will cause separate login prompts for Inbox, Outbox, and any CalDAV calendar collections
[19:34] <bbbrowning> yes, will comment in the bug
[19:34] <lilmatt> to fix it we need to NOT reuse HTTP connections, but we ADDED that so that people don't have to login repeatedly to calendars on the same server
[19:35] <bbbrowning> no, there are several ways to approach fixing this, the simplest being to simply serialize intial calendar loads, so that credentials get cached correctly
[19:35] <lilmatt> ok
[19:36] <bbbrowning> though for various reasons that might not be the best approach
[19:37] <bbbrowning> I'll comment further in the bug
[19:38] <mschroeder> that's perfect
[19:38] <mschroeder> We hit the time limit. So this is the end of todays QA chat. Don't forget the QA Work Session tomorrow starting at 12:00 UTC and the Calendar Test Day on Tuesday, March 6.