Calendar:QA Chat:2007-07-05:Log

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[18:30] <ctalbert> Looks like it is time to start the QA Chat.  The Agenda is in the usual place:
[18:31] <Ralfioni> IMHO there is so much potential in tbird/sbird... and outlook is such an important application for so many people. i bet there is a huge number of potential users
[18:31] <Ralfioni> (for tbird/sbird i mean)
[18:31] <ctalbert> There are quite a few that have downloaded it. :-)  And for those folks we will be doing a test day next Tuesday to find out why ICS/CalDav events are disappearing.
[18:32] <ctalbert> That is a very disturbing trend.  I'll get a blog post up later announcing it.
[18:32] <ctalbert> Otherwise, I don't have many announcements.
[18:32] <mschroeder> Also some users report not appearing alarms.
[18:32] <ctalbert> I haven't seen that one
[18:33] <ctalbert> errr...heard of that one
[18:33] <ctalbert> Oh, Aleksej was talking about that the other day I think.
[18:33] <Archaeopteryx> could it also be a problem with timezones like the one which fires many alarms?
[18:33] <ctalbert> I will include those too in the test day announcement
[18:33] <ctalbert> It could be
[18:34] <ctalbert> Or it could be a symptom of the disappearing event issue.  If we lose the event, then we'd also lose the alarm, of course
[18:34] <ctalbert> QA Discussion defects are here:
[18:35] <ctalbert> Not too many today
[18:35] <mschroeder> sorted by? ;)
[18:35] <ctalbert> ID
[18:35] <ctalbert> first one s but 332266
[18:36] <ctalbert> bug 332266
[18:36] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, NEW, 'All' vs. 'This occurrence' dialog not shown when deleting recurring event via menu/toolbar
[18:36] <ctalbert> took him long enough...
[18:38] <ctalbert> I would agree with ssitter, sounds like WFM
[18:38] <mschroeder> I don't know why the problem is solved now.
[18:39] <ctalbert> Maybe he had multiple events selected, and didn't realize it when he originally filed the bug?
[18:39] * Fallen|mobile has joined #calendar-qa
[18:39] <mschroeder> maybe :)
[18:39] <mschroeder> Hi Fallen
[18:39] * Beryllium has joined #calendar-qa
[18:39] <ctalbert> Hi Beryllium 
[18:40] <Beryllium> hi there
[18:40] <Beryllium> Sorry I'm late ... I forgot to check my calendar this morning. *chuckle*
[18:40] <Fallen|mobile> Hey :-)
[18:40] <ctalbert> No worries.  We just got started with the QA Discussion needed bugs:
[18:41] <ctalbert> I'm marking 332266 as WFM.
[18:42] <firebot> set the Resolution field on bug 332266 to WORKSFORME.
[18:42] <ctalbert> Next bug is bug 380773
[18:42] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, NEW, Task selection in the list doesn't select the task.
[18:43] <ctalbert> mschroeder: this is QA Discussion so we can try to resolve my question in comment 2?
[18:43] <mschroeder> correct
[18:44] <mschroeder> I think all of these bugs have the same root cause
[18:45] <Beryllium> I'm about to embark on upgrading my company from TB and Lightning 0.1 (ick) to TB 2.0 and Lightning 0.5 ... will that be a smooth upgrade, or should I expect data loss for my users?
[18:45] <ctalbert> I agree, and the same basic issue.  Seems like dupes
[18:45] <Beryllium> Er, that version number is taken from the install.rdf file, btw, which is probably inaccurate
[18:45] <mschroeder> We have to sort out the whole selection thing with our basic objects in UI: tasks, events and calendars
[18:46] <ctalbert> Beryllium: TB upgrade should probably be ok, you'd want to test the Lightning upgrade heavily.  We've never tested an upgrade jump like that.
[18:46] <mschroeder> We should should have one bug report for this with the root cause and a list of symptoms.
[18:46] <ctalbert> mschroeder: +1
[18:47] <Beryllium> oh,  here it is - it's a nightly. build 2006031006.
[18:47] <Beryllium> so that's a bit old. :)
[18:47] <Archaeopteryx> especially you should check if the calendars are standard conform, some have incorrect timezones which can't be detected (will take system clock)
[18:48] <ctalbert> mschroeder: It looks to me like the best candidate to be the bug of choice is 195580, it's the most complete
[18:49] <mschroeder> ctalbert: We should also keep in mind that the UI will change in the 0.7 development phase (especially tasks) and ask Christian as an UI expert.
[18:49] <ctalbert> yes, I was also thinking that
[18:49] <ctalbert> dupe them all to 195580 and CC Christian asking him if this will continue to be an issue or should be WONTFIX'ed?
[18:50] <mschroeder> agreed
[18:51] <ctalbert> while I'm bug is bug 385630
[18:51] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug min, --, ---,, NEW, "Start the week on" is not restored properly when change localization
[18:51] <firebot> set the Resolution field on bug 380773 to DUPLICATE of bug 195580.
[18:51] <firebot> Bug nor, --, ---,, NEW, Can't use delete button and key to delete task or calendar
[18:52] <firebot> set the Resolution field on bug 195582 to DUPLICATE of bug 195580.
[18:52] <firebot> Bug min, --, ---,, RESO DUPLICATE, can't use edit button to edit a task or calendar
[18:55] <ctalbert> Looks to me like bug 385630 is pretty straight forward --> INVALID (not a bug)
[18:55] <mschroeder> +1
[18:56] <Archaeopteryx> i can only see that i had the problem, but probably during upgrade and not when changing language packs
[18:57] <ctalbert> That would also make sense.  If the previous version of your language didn't have the specified preference but the upgrade did.
[18:57] <firebot> set the Resolution field on bug 385630 to INVALID.
[18:58] <ctalbert> Here's a good one: bug 385736
[18:58] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, private and confidential events are visible for others
[18:59] <ctalbert> I for one, would tend to agree with Tom in Comment 2.  If the calendar is read-only, then we could safely assume that the owner is not viewing the calendar and therefore we should not show those private events.
[19:00] <mschroeder> I have no opinion. :)
[19:00] <ctalbert> If you share your calendar as writable with the entire world on a webdav share, then there's no hope for you.
[19:00] <ctalbert> Anyone else?
[19:01] <Archaeopteryx> ctalbert: add the option to export private events to a remote ics, default=false ?
[19:01] <Archaeopteryx> of course push the public ones
[19:02] <mschroeder> We should change it to enhancement and another component.
[19:02] <ctalbert> I like that idea
[19:02] <ctalbert> Archaeopteryx: ^^  I'll add that to the comment too
[19:03] <Archaeopteryx> thanks, but the user needs a notice that not pushing the privates to public will don't allow him to get his private events with remote access
[19:03] <Archaeopteryx> i mean from a internet cafe or so using the public .ics
[19:05] <ctalbert> right, that's true
[19:05] <ctalbert> I sorta paraphrased you in the bug, feel free to correct me
[19:06] <ctalbert> bug 386508 is next
[19:06] <firebot> ctalbert: Bug enh, --, ---,, UNCO, Multiple Calendars with Print Capability
[19:06] <ctalbert> uh...-->invalid?
[19:07] <ctalbert> or WFM
[19:07] <ctalbert> this is already a feature we have
[19:07] <Archaeopteryx> wfm
[19:07] <mschroeder> WFM
[19:08] <firebot> set the Resolution field on bug 386508 to WORKSFORME.
[19:08] <ctalbert> whew, 27 QA Wanted bugs
[19:08] <mschroeder> We should rework our TODO list
[19:08] <mschroeder> there is mostly 0.5 stuff at the moment
[19:09] <ctalbert> We really should.  All this documentation stuff has slipped.
[19:09] * ssitter|afk is now known as ssitter
[19:09] <ctalbert> TODO list is here:
[19:09] <mschroeder> We set the 0.7 Target Milestone on every bug that has a patch checked in
[19:09] <mschroeder> so it's easier to get a list with bugs to verify
[19:10] <ctalbert> Good idea, that's a TODO for the list?
[19:10] * ctalbert hears his wife return from the store and has to go soon :-(
[19:10] <mschroeder> The TODO is verify bugs from the 0.7 Target Milestone list
[19:11] <ctalbert> I absolutely agree, and we need to also be sure that we add the target milestone.
[19:11] <ctalbert> mschroeder: can you take over from here, I have to run, feel free to delete the entire todo list and recreate from scratch, I don't think anything on it needs to be saved.
[19:12] <mschroeder> ctalbert: okay
[19:12] <ctalbert> Next on the list would be something about looking at specific bug areas, like the disappearing events, QA Wanted bugs
[19:12] <ctalbert> mschroeder: thanks!  I owe you a beer!
[19:12] <mschroeder> ctalbert: no problem
[19:12] <mschroeder> So, has anyone additional ideas what has t go on the QA TODO list?
[19:13] * Fallen|away is now known as Fallen
[19:13] <Archaeopteryx> regression checking
[19:14] <Archaeopteryx> had a undeleteable in the unifinder last week, but could not reproduce. haven't seen this before
[19:15] * damian has joined #calendar-qa
[19:15] <mschroeder> Archaeopteryx: How could we achieve this? We have Litmus tests.
[19:15] <mschroeder> Hi damian
[19:15] <damian> hello
[19:16] <mschroeder> damian: We dicuss what we should put on our (post 0.5) QA TODO list.
[19:16] <damian> great
[19:16] <damian> I will join in a minute
[19:16] <Archaeopteryx> to be honest, no idea except daily use and hope to find it there. the problem with litmus test cases is, that calendar sometimes needs more complex conditions to break something
[19:17] <mschroeder> A big thing I'll invest some time in is automated testing.
[19:18] <mschroeder> Maybe we could do something like Toolkit: adding testcases with every fixed bug.
[19:18] <Archaeopteryx> sounds great, with Ts and so on?
[19:19] <mschroeder> Archaeopteryx: XPCShell unit test.
[19:20] <mschroeder> We have already some examples in /calendar/tests/ I think
[19:20] <mschroeder> It's basically for regular backend testing and quick regression detection in this code area.
[19:21] <mschroeder> Are there specific areas we have to do more QA and testing?
[19:22] <Archaeopteryx> depends on the upcoming redesign of tasks and events
[19:22] <Archaeopteryx> start time has increased for me significantly
[19:25] <mschroeder> I think that's also a provider performance problem.
[19:29] <Archaeopteryx> yes, sqlite isn't as fast as ics
[19:31] <mschroeder> Okay, I think we can end the meeting. Don't forget: Testday next Tuesday, July 10 !!!