Calendar:Status Meetings:2006-12-06

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

<< previous meeting | index | next meeting >>

Meeting Details

Telephone Info

  • Toll free numbers
  • Access Code
    • 3646989
  • Conference controls
    • *6 mute line
    • *7 unmute line
  • Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking

Agenda Items

  • (mvl: removed item about my review queue. It was already discussed last week. Conclusion: avoid asking me for first-review.)
  • What is the status of building Sunbird from MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH?
    • It was said that Sunbird 0.5 will be released from MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH, currently scheduled for January 2007. Is that still valid? I think that we need at least 1 month (or more) of testing on branch builds. -- ssitter 15:19, 5 December 2006 (PST)

Meeting Log

Attendees: lilmatt, daniel, sipaq, mvl, dmose, ctalbert


  • Dan is back!
  • He's on calendar until further notice

Agenda items

  • do not give mvl first reviews.
  • once Dan gets up to speed that should help with reviews
  • We will figure out how to get some reviews sorted out and delegated to other folks
  • just don't give mvl first review
  • We will talk about this again next week, with more of a mind toward module ownership based reviews.

Building Sunbird from 1.8

  • Added by ssiter
  • Need to work with build guys to get this to happen. Right now they are working on three releases to get done before the end of the year, so we're going to be working around that.
  • Dan will sit down with them this week and talk with them on Friday. He will update us with that status next week.
  • Joey does most of his sunbird development on the branch.
  • We need test coverage on it, but it shouldn't be crazy or broken in any bad way.

Download Numbers

  • Has there been any updates or bouncer stats?
  • We can get those by talking with the folks in #build.
  • lilmatt will get the numbers so that Simon can blog about it.

Next Release Status

  • AUS landed last week
  • Need the prototype dialogs available in Sunbird?
    • Since it is a prototype, there is some work to be done in order to correctly put this into Sunbird
    • Thought that since it is a prototype it was sufficient to have it in Ltn only.
    • If it is much more work than adding it to and packaging then, we should not do it.
    • Daniel will talk to mickey about this tomorrow and see how much work it is and whether or not it would make sense to add this to Sunbird.
    • Dan will take a look at the latest iterations of the new prototype dialog, and attempt to make a decision.
    • Daniel is very confident with the dialog, they have been using it in house for a long time
    • We need to take a UI review and getting general feedback in the NG would be a good start and after more discussion in the newsgroup and make a decision in the community at large.
    • Only reason to put it into Sunbird is because many people only work and test in Sunbird. Of course, it isn't hard to download a nightly and check it out from there.
  • CalDav fixes went in
  • Printing fixes went in
  • Cleanup fixes
  • CalIPeriod went in


  • Performance fixes are going forward - mvl filed a bug on nsIPropertyBag

zoom scroll

  • Zoom Scroll - dmose will probably end up punting on this

workflow user experience

  • dmose needs to finish reading through the items in the NG threads he may be the blocking factor there
  • Christian came up with a compromise dialog for editing/deleting occurrences/series. That's probably something else that dmose is blocking on

Item creation/modification

  • Registering to handle webcal and ics is still where it is. Matt has been trying to ensure that we get the correct URL's from the command line properly.

Conflict Resolution

  • Conflict Resolution - There is a prototype conflict resolution UI that bbbrowning has created for the CalDav Provider. It is not as optimal as we'd like it to be, and it's only available in the CalDav Provider. But, this is definitely something we need to focus on especially as we head toward supporting offline mode.

Calendar Interoperation

  • iTip iMIP -Clint has had no time to get this done with the last two test days (last Friday and yesterday). Hopes to have a patch by the end of the week for the sending email interface.


  • Printing - we are fixing more bugs there as they come up. There has been some fixes made for the wcap calendar.

24 hours views

  • Has Thomas been able to do anything with that?
  • Thomas has been out much of this week, so he doesn't have much time to work on it right now.

Looking Ahead

Hopefully next week or two we should be able to start looking at bugs that are targeted to the 0.5 milestones and start using the blocking flags and begin triaging those.