- Wednesday, November 07th, 17:00 UTC
- Phone meeting
- Join #calendar-mtg on irc.mozilla.org for attendance
- Toll free numbers
- US/Canada: 866-692-3163
- Netherlands: 0800-020-1392
- Germany: 0800-000-3441
- Participant Passcode
- Conference controls
- Press *1 private help menu
- Press *6 mute or un-mute individual line
- Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking
- AMO front page redesign (see bug 396738 and Basil Hashem's blog
This will hurt us significantly, if it comes to that.
Attendees: (didn't get a full list, feel free to edit if I missed you):
- Daniel, Gary, Gunter, Martin, Clint, Simon
How can we improve the learning curve
- Gunter has some ideas on how to make this easier
- More information on the newsgroup
- Besides end user documentation, also improve the developer side of the documentation,
and he could try to build sunbird from scratch on a mac, and document this for our website.
- Gary can probably get to this in the next few weeks.
- Daniel noted that building on Windows might be easier, now that you no longer need cygwin to build.
- Someone mentioned someone's name who is very familiar with the universal binary build and can help us with building a universal lihgtning build
- The name so mentioned was mento. We should contact him about building a universal extension.
- Clint will ask Basil about the AMO redesign -- community projects?
- The blog also has comments in the same direction
- If they don't change this away from Firefox then we need to figure out a new solution for our own "AMO".
- We dont' want to see MOCO only be firefox only - and the MOCO folks should realize that they cannot only focus on Firefox
- This will only hurt MOCO if they make AMO firefox specific, but we should be careful with reading too much into this. Simon mentions a German saying: "Don't attribute to malevolence what you can attribute to pure stupidity".
- Timezones - how to do updates
- If everything is a composite XPI (perhaps bundling togeher GDATA, WCAP, and the new timezone XPI
- How would you do an update with all these things?
- How would you manage the release of all of these components?
- Packaging a composite XPI could only be done on Lightnng release and it does mean that we would not be able to make a release of a component without a release of the entire product.
- How can we manage this release process?
- It was discussed a few weeks ago, and we came to the decision that there has to be a set of criteria about what to ship by default
- Need enough outside demand to warrant it
- Need someone to take care of maintenance of the provider code (and the code is in Mozilla CVS)
- Might investigate FoxClocks that does time zone changes without much change in their version number, and they can change their database without their XPI version number changing.
- Timezones - daniel working on the full timezone reference and service
- Clint will work on copleteing the timezone database
- Timezone service will contain the olson set
- The ICS file wil have an outdated timezone information it is ok to take those because they are corect?
- Treat foeign tiemzones as foreign and use that.
- For the timezone service we should probably only use the olson names (internally)
- Timezone information that comes with the data like in an ICS or ical stream or with an invitation, that
timezone information must be persisted, even if it conflicts with an olson definition.
- That is the way that he is coding the new timezone service.
Timezone Guessing Patch
- We have better timezone guessing on the way! Clint is very impressed with Gekachecka's patch
- Daniel also has a patch to address the timezone mismatch in the controls as well by feeding them floating going in and enforcing timezones on the way out.