- Wednesday, November 21st, 17:00 UTC
- Phone meeting
- Join #calendar-mtg on irc.mozilla.org for attendance
- Toll free numbers
- US/Canada: 866-692-3163
- Netherlands: 0800-020-1392
- Germany: 0800-000-3441
- Participant Passcode
- Conference controls
- Press *1 private help menu
- Press *6 mute or un-mute individual line
- Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking
- Daniel, Clint, Martin, Simon, Bruno, Gary, Berend, Mickey, Philipp, Christian
Status of 0.8
- Daniel has the timezone code reference stuff almost ready. Will have ready for review for tomorrow, but we should be ready to start with the foreign timezone support.
- This patch will make the timezones more future safe for future pieces.
- Daniel may have to check the about-to-land task frame and make sure that it doesn't regress the timezone stuff
- Task Mode
- Mickey: Working on last bits and pieces on the task mode patch
- Should land tomorrow morning once Christian finishes his UI review
- Another big patch
- Rewritten Unifinder! Only one control for all task trees! One tree control to find them, bind them...
- Mickey thinks that the number of coßnflicts with timezone stuff should be minimal.
- This patch is only the first step to get the whole thing working. Concentrates on the main view, and the pane on the left side of the window is coming.
- Still several questions that will need to be answered in a future patch.
- This seems to have stalled briefly. Daniel is going to help Philipp once he finishes the timezone patch
- Berend is working to represent it in a rich list box.
- Should be prettier and more flexible than its predecessor
- He is also working on the Calendar menu patch
- bug 404681
- Christian is confident that we have made a good change, but we should pay attention to the detailed points, especially w.r.t. customization features.
- Need new bugs to be added for the specific ideas
- Feeling is that this is not a blocker, but we should take items from it that are low hanging fruit and fix those in 0.8 if possible.
- Christian will analyze this and come up with some good suggestions for the "low hanging fruit"
- Gary urges us to maintain focus on the "big three: timezones, offline, task mode".
Prototype vs. Original Event Dialog
- What would be the benefit to switching back to the old one?
- If there is, then let's consider that.
- If not, then why do we leave the old one in there?
- If there are features the new one lacks, then we should proceed and offer it in the new dialog rather than keeping the old one.
- Clint will make sure there is a bug on the ExDate configuration option
- It makes more sense to move forward with the "prototype" dialog, since we don't want to have to support both dialogs interminably.
- Philipp will run this decision by mvl, and make sure that any features he wants in the new dialog have bugs filed.
- Gary: From the end user's point of view, most users are using the 0.5 and 0.7 and the new dialog. And so it makes more sense to continue maintaining the new dialog rather than spending time on the old one.
- Gary: It seems that we have bigger fish to fry (notes the backend changes), from the end user perspective.
- It's just a question of what new bugs we need to file on the new dialog so that it has all the functionality that the old one has.
Gary's Thunderbird Survey
- Clint advocates that everyone should read his information, since this is very good stuff.
- Note that the most desired feature for Thunderbird is....Lightning!
- Note that we are not included in the MoFo list of projects
- Hecker thinks that we're going to be funded by MailCo, and supported that route.
- They are unwilling to change their decisions right now, but they may change it later.
- We are very doubtful that we would actually be funded by MailCo, especially in the forseeable future.
- We do need to be vigiliant of this MailCo connection, because this perception could make us appear to have more resources/aid than we actually have.
- This is quite a missed opportunity for us.
- There is some good work being done by Basil with the new designs
- Community projects are on the page now.
- Feeling is that it still isn't discoverable enough.