From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
  • Place: Mozilla HQ, North Bridge
  • Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
  • Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
  • Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#

Who's away?: .



  • PHP baseline performance testing underway. Performance testing for Python will follow shortly afterwards.


Account Registration/Management

Python Registration Server (reg/sreg) (Tarek)

  • Fixed a regression in unicode passwords - will be pushed into the next tag

Account Portal (Toby)

Node Assignment (Toby)


Python Sync Server (Tarek)

  • The bench infrastructure seems to be ready \o/ . Will work with jlazaro this week if possible

PHP Sync Server (Toby)

Sync Client (rnewman)

Merged to m-c last night; your service to the Empire will be rewarded, philikon.

Changes in the last week:

 * bug 654900 - Don't spin the events loop in the Sync bookmarks tracker.
 * bug 648364 - Replace custom helpers with Services.jsm
 * bug 613277 - Add tests from JSModules repository
 * bug 629664 - Get rid of intermittent Windows failure (again!)

bug 618913 (in-product notifications for Sync setup) landed directly on m-c. QA reports that it's not completely working, so that'll get fixed in Aurora.

Marina is working on bug 659107 (only report errors for newly failed items) as part of Services/Sync/FxSync/DeathToUnknownError, prior to addressing Firefox/Features/Instant_Sync.

Services/Sync/FxSync/WarOnSpinningEventLoop proceeds apace; processing of incoming records is now almost completely async HTTP, so spinning is being pushed further up the stack. Tests are passing, code is commented, baby birds chirp happily.


Server (JR)


  • Worked on the server reconfig for the new specification (finalizing tests today).


  • work with rmiller on interface w/ client library.
  • Gen. meeting with stakeholders and advisers about development concerns (e.g. client crypto)

Client (ddahl)

F1 (Share)

System Management

Big Lebowski (rtilder)

Notifications (Paul)

  • Paul joins team (yay!)
  • jrc set up VM with notifications server core for Paul to poke at.
  • Meeting Thurs. to discuss direction of the notifications project.


Testing and Sign-offs (tracy)

  • s-c to m-c merge cycle went fine this week. It was pushed a day early to get on the train for the Aurora merge today.
  • Python server push was held again this week because of a non-ascii character password bug 621283. That fix is in and will be verified in this weeks server testing cycle
    • QA will add a check for this in server smoketest+

Automated Testing (jgriffin, ocoutts)

  • Working on additional grinder scripts to test more functionality
    • Data Integrety
    • User Registration
    • More random user data

Further info:

Deployment Requests

As per the production release process any production change requests for the next release window (Monday afternoon) must be called out here by the developer requesting the update, with all required bugs/test plans already complete by the start of the meeting.


Reports and Monitoring (daniel)






Notes and actions

Follow ups from last week

Other issues

Next features pages for servers being built in: