Scribed by Adam
OKR check-in (miketaylr)
It's the end of November, let's check out our progress.
- https: //docs.google.com/document/d/1TXQI-olA6MDMTm4rsd0OpC7_wUXdcU0vNtX3Id38R7Y/edit#heading=h.uh6yj6ffdh1a
- mike: Still have a few bugs to diagnose for gs bugs, talks with Google have been happening. I think we're still
- mike: #2 triage objective. What about the needstriage dashboard?
- karl: 0.8, almost finished.
- mike: Good work, so we can deploy soon?
- karl: Yes. It is a first draft, will not be beautiful. Please open issues if you have suggestions.
- mike: We may have over 50 issues after a weekend, but most days we are below 50 untriaged bugs.
- karl: Mondays see higher volumes 150+ bugs, but we bring it down on Monday and is steady through the week
- mike: #3 Webcompat.com improvements. We should kill the "Fix bugs" KR because the site refactor work is more important. How 's the refactor going?
- ola: The refactor is going well. Hardest part now is the content.
- mike: CSS docs?
- ola: They are almost finished.
- mike: It would be useful to think about what you think we should do in 2018
Austin All-Hands check-in (miketaylr)
Let's do a bit of light planning, and a gentle brain-prod to include discussion items to the Agenda. (I'd like to try to do a team dinner on Thursday evening, so if you RSVP'd for Star Wars, let's plan around that.)
- mike: Getting ready to travel.
- mike: Ola will be attending remotely (everything, ok no) and leading some webcompat.com sessions. Want to have a team dinner one night. Wednesday and Friday are Mozilla things, so Thursday seems like the best day maybe?
- mike: We can do dinner between 6-8pm to leave room for Star Wars.
- mike: Would be cool to dinner at my house.
Winter Break Triage (miketaylr)
Lots of PTO is happening during the Mozilla winter break. Let's figure it out.
- mike: Dec 22 to Jan 3, we're off! SV are taking that holiday week off. But they may be working Dec 22 and Jan 3
- sergiu: Yes we are here
- mike: We need to cover the xmas week. Let's not get ourselves into triage trouble. If we can get at least 2 hours of triage per day, that would be awesome, but nobody is obligated to do this. Will have a sign up sheet, to help with this. You will get your hours back in the new year.
- karl: from 22 to 29 December, I'm out of communications.
- sergiu: how many people should do this work?
- karl: Now there's three of us, but currently it seems the volume is going down.
- mike: If we can get 1 person per day for 2 hours
- karl: Don't be afraid to close incomplete or invalid issues. Leave a comment suggesting to reopen the bug if they have more information, but close initially.
- ola: Are there any sprints planned?
- karl: Good call, we should check that.
- sergiu: Should we keep the number of open bugs to a limit?
- karl: Do what you can within reason.
- mike: Put in the two hours and stop. Main concern is we show up and some crazy regression happened but we didn't notice.
- sergiiu: Will you be on IRC?
- mike: Always, I'm always here. eric+1
- mike: SURPRISE! The media team wants to turn on the type-media tool, in a targeted way. Trying to think of ways to keep them out of our triage queue. But they want to catch some more errors on the Nightly cycle.
- https: //github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1938
Two Minutes ( 🐝 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. Keep it short. Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Adam: PTO, partner contacting, triage, webcompat outreach
- Dennis: Mostly sick-by-flu, some Webcompat.com work aftercare, ...
- Eric: Issue triage; Prototype similar bugs in bug report form; Campus talk *2
- Karl: triage, triage, triage. Reviewing a bit of code. Diving into Python. Being a bit sick too.
- Guillaume: Triage dashboard, and one module in css/html refactoring
- Mike: PTO. Lots of housework.
- Ola: LSG + refactor. Really good progress.
- Oana: Continued testing ID locale and investigate issues.
- Sergiu: Continued testing ID locale and investigate issues. Off Thurs + Friday this week for national holidays.
- Thomas: Mostly work on my addons, after I recovered from my own illness. UA addon is about done, progress on the diag addon is good, regression addon still needs work.