Scribed by Mike
OKR checkins (karl)
The usual process of checking the status of our 2018Q4 OKR. Please fill in your status BEFORE the meeting See https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/3
Webcompat test pilot future actions (Oana & Sergiu)
Rosana sent us an email regarding the "Pre-triage Experiment". She is interested in continuing involving the contributors/volunteers to the experiment and maybe motivate them by offering prizes or swags.
- oana: we received another email about pre-triage and they were wondering how we can continue with this experiment.
- oana: kiki (?) suggested making a video on triaging issues.
- mike: We put off this one for a long time, but maybe we need to make a decision on it. Sending tees seem to be a dangerous idea. It requires to track people's activity, etc.
- oana: We also want people to help all the time, not just every once in a while for a sticker.
- sergiu: From my point of view, the experiment only created overhead for us. I think we can handle the work.
- oana: I contacted 2 of the best contributors, and haven't seen any contributions from them after that.
- karl: for the swag part, it's not a good idea. it should never be a motivation for the work. it should be a surprising gift after the fact.
- mike: so we probably should end this as an interesting experiment, but make clear that we are done with this.
FYI Orlando Agenda (karl)
This is a reminder that the Orlando meeting is just around the corner. Check the topics bank and add your own agenda items. We will select on Tuesday morning.
- https: //wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Meetings/2018-12-work-week#Topics_Bank
- karl: Just FYI. It's your last chance to put agenda items on the wiki page. If you can't, or don't know how, send me an email.
- mike: Also, We have been asked to use the sched program so they know how many people are in each room. They could allocate rooms for the right team. Please do it.
FYI Outreachy Intern, Mariana Meireles (karl)
Mariana Meireles is a new outreachy intern. She wrote an outstanding proposal for the project. She will be working on webcompat.com performance related issues. You might have seen her already on IRC (IRC: marimeireles, GitHub: marimeireles). She will probably be in Orlando and she is based in Brazil. UTC-3.
- mike: She has a visa and a plane ticket. \o/
New Webcompat QA member, Ciprian Ciocan (Sergiu)
Ciprian Ciocan (GitHub: cipriansv) - short name Cipri - is our new colleague in the Softvision QA team. We are all colocated in the same working space, in Baia Mare, Romania. He started by testing some ID locales, some pre-triage, and now, he's on Triage duty. He will continue with Locales testing and Triage. Phonetic pronunciation: Tchipriahn Tchiocahn (Tchipri).
GitHub bots (Sergiu)
The needsinfo bot isn't working. Should it?
- Sergiu: We have over 30 issues with `needsinfo`, and some of them are old enough to be closed.
Two Minutes ( 🐝 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: Triage Mobile issues
- Adam: Triage, Outreach, Bug follow ups, PTO
- Cipri: Ramp-up, Locales testing (ID), Pre-triage, Triage
- Dennis: Diagnosing and building UA overrides for more candidates. Validating all the old ones. Prepared UX concepts for TinkerTester for discussion on the AllHands. Some AllHands preparations (Sched, convincing Homeland Security that I'm not a terrorist), some Moz-internal stuff (Wellness-budget! Use it!)
- Guillaume: (getting ready for orlando!)
- Karl: Diagnosis. Deployed a couple of webcompat stuff See https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md 15.1.1 and 15.1.0. Massaging the Orlando Agenda. Discussed with Thomas about issues around console.logs in bug reports. See https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/2659 When trying to work on this, I found two others issues. https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/2717 and https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/2716
- Kate: Sadly little metrics, but lots of unrelated restaurant and thesis revision... stuff.
- Mike: on PTO in mexico city
- Oana: Triage and investigate issues. Enterprise Testing on WebEx Classic view.
- Sergiu: Triage issues
- Thomas: Blipz v2.1, diagnosis, and various pre-All Hands meeting organizing.
PTO / Travel ( 🐝 )
2018-12-20 to 2018-12-31: Dennis (but close to a computer, in case The Internet is broken.)