Scribed by Karl
Fenix build - Mobile testing (karl)
Is it possible to have a specific (webcompat) build with the latest Fenix version? Or do we know roughtly when nightly on mobile will be synchronized again?
- dennis: If you want to verify geckoview with newer Gecko releases, build the reference browser from within m-c. Fenix does not (yet) have any fixed plans on when they're going to uplift.
- mike: there's no nightly builds? and they're on an old gecko?
- karl: yeah, we're a bit behind gecko nightly.
- dennis: there is a fenix nightly build. you need to be part of the google play group, but it's still the same gecko version.
- mike: I'll send emily or the new PM an email and we'll find out about Fenix Nightly in sync with Gecko 70.
- mike: what about reference browser?
- dennis: that should have everything that's relevant (minus UI stuff like Reader view). if we find something that's missing, it's easy to just file a bug and have it added. the main reason it exists is to make testing and dev easy for Mozilla folks.
Layout Club? (mike)
Is there any interest to meet up once every few weeks and learn more about CSS and layout, with the goal of helping us get better at diagnosis?
- dennis: Yes!
- karl: why not. pick a time which is convenient for the biggest crowd of people.
- ksenia: i have a bug we can look at first.
- karl: it's a cool idea. there are things that have changed (like viewport), flexbox, etc. there are a lot of small details that are interesting. differences between CSS pixels, etc. ACTION ITEM: ksenia to try to find a time for the first meeting.
Webcompat UI Redesign (SV)
Should we consider spending some time testing the new design or it is recommended to wait for the final design?
- oana: we received the new design.
- karl: my impression is that there is no new design yet - not in a state worth testing right now. probably good to wait.
- mike: once we have a more stable version, we could test it. Good suggestions.
- tom: Does it have impact on report site issue button.
- mike: good question. Not sure yet. Probably no for now.
OKR Check-in (mike)
Q4 OKR planning ( 👹 )
- mike: place ideas here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gS6WKjI_BpcyPCenRTg_pSsmu-X67FGmLlzIfi95db8/edit
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: Eid(festival) plus friends marriage
- Cipri: Triage/TSCI/Sitewait testing
- Dennis: Hacking Android-Components and Fenix to get WebCompat Addons working. And the usual fun.
- Karl: diagnosis. Configuration of staging.webcompat.com and documenting thoroughly everything so we don't get lost again. Learned a lot in the process. Re-documenting the server and python3 on the project. Volubilis flowers on the fence of the house.
- Ksenia: interventions and overrides
- Mike: SUMMER IS OVER, metrics, planning, triage etc
- Oana: PTO + A bit of triage and sitewait testing
- Sergiu: Triage/TSCI/Sitewait testing
- Thomas: Diagnosis, investigations into our webcompat system addons, completed experimental code for enhanced search, helped with a WebEx WebRTC intervention (which ended up being fixed already by the time we were done).
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- Tom, Mike, Karl: 2019-09-10 to 2019-09-20 (TPAC in Japan)
- Karl: 2019-11-11 Tokyo moz dev roadshow
- Karl: 2019-11-13 Seoul moz dev roadshow
- Ksenia: 2019-09-09 to 2019-09-19 (PTO, conference and cultural onboarding) National holiday in Romania - 15th of August - St Mary's Day