Scribed by Dennis
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
All Hands Follow Up stuff? (miketaylr)
- mike: We had a couple of items to follow-up on.
- mike: I followed up on the experimental preferences, I emailed Jaws and Blake and asked for more context. Seems like it doesn't make sense for WebCompat things. They want to have experimetns in there, not long-running stuff. If we feel super strong, we could add a WebCompat section to the prefs, but that seems not needed right now.
- mike: Any last thoughts around Virtual All Hands? minutes here: https://pad.0b101010.services/mozilla-webcompat-virtuallhands#
- karl: The All Hands did not work well for Asian Timezones? Team meetings were in the evening, but all the company-wide meetings were during the night while I was sleeping. A possibility for future virtual allhands would be three independend all hands across timezones.
- mike: we created some google docs with plannings and ideas. I didn't look into that yet, but I plan on doing that over the next couple of days. There's a week left in the quarter, so now is a good time to clean things up. We'll start an async discussion about q3 planning.
- mike: any other ideas?
- tom: it wasn't that much different, but I saw other folks less, and had less snacks.
- james: I think it shows the value of actual-allhands-all hands, where you can just discover things without being on a list of invitations. I was surprise how well the times worked for Europe. Seems like times were designed around US and EU, and we forgot Asia exists.
- mike: I agree with james. Travel is painful and jetlag sucks, but it's good to have more spontaneous meetings.
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: Moderation, Triage, TSCI, Interventions re-check.
- Dennis: Virtually shaking all the hands. Building interventions for GoFaster release 12.
- Guillaume: (BUSY)
- James: All hands. Gave feedback on puppeteer/WebDriver BiDi presentation.
- Karl: Diagnosis. pytest + review. Super tired last week-ends by the late night all hands. Had veggies from my garden. Started with Kate to experiment with black/pre-commit on webcompat-metrics-server. If the experience goes well, thinking of pushing it to webcompat.com.
- Kate: Sturm, drang, mayhem, travel. Drove across the US, now finally back in Italy. First code review in ages yesterday😍.
- Mike: All hands? Bit my tongue, be careful with chewing gum y'all :( Went to go look at some graves on my day off.
- Oana: Moderation, Triage, UA Overrides re-check. 2 days PTO - rainy days.
- Thomas: ETP shims, All-hands, post-All-hands resting, and trying to brave the heat to go outside.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2020… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/ 2020-07-13 to 2020-07-17: Dennis on Vacation