Mobile Web Compatibility Nov 1, 2011 Minutes
- (cheilmann) to reach out to SASS and LESS about prefixless animation and transition
- Christian to reach out to them by Firefox 16
- Jean-Yves: I've asked him today, not yet done. I will push again on this one
- (jy) Follow up with WURFL
-  lmandel has picked this item up from Jean-Yves
- [ON TRACK] (AaronMT) Add more details behind vimeo problem on FF Android and notify vimeo with problems
- Summarized email sent to Vimeo last Friday, no response yet
- [HOLD] (jsmith) Follow up on everything.me thread with Paxton and Chris
- (jsmith) I'm going to wait until we get an initial analysis. See below for more information.
- [HOLD] (jy) contact a ReMo partner (Pierros?) to join the meeting and be the contact for outreach via Reps.
- [HOLD] (tchung) investigate the quality of E.me apps on b2g
- (jsmith) It might be worth getting the list of URLs for the E.me apps, put them through the screenshot script, then continue the discussion with Chris on E.me risks we've noticed.
- [DONE] (jsmith) Get updated presentation for Mobile web test event in MV Oct 23 noon for how to test
- [DONE] (jsmith & AaronMT) Quick skim of past webkit alias prefix study to see if the data we have is still valid at a quick skim for FF Android
- (lmandel) E.me list of URLs for each app
- (lmandel) Phony type functionality on b2g
Company Evangelism & Communication Status
- (lmandel) Photobucket will address reported issues in site redesign
- (lmandel) Categorizr UA sniffing framework correctly identifies Firefox for Android mobile + tablet and Firefox OS (http://www.brettjankord.com/2012/01/16/categorizr-a-modern-device-detection-script/)
- (lmandel) http://51degrees.mobi/ UA sniffing framework should be updated to recognize Firefox mobile UAs on Oct 30
- (lmandel) Working with WURFL to update Firefox for Android and Firefox OS info
- Joe Drew spoke with Nextbus.com, who will start recognizing Firefox OS
- bug 715515 Facebook Touch & Optimized Mobile Facebook styling drop-downs for Friend Requests, Messages and Notifications is bad in Gecko - fixed!
- Platform Q4 Goal - "Deliver a PRD that details requirements for webkit compatibility with emphasis on aliasing -webkit CSS elements" - what's going on here?
- goal is to complete the study and make a decision on any changes to come in Gecko
- Tools - remote console for Fennec - http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/2012/10/firefox-for-android-remote-web-console-is-here/
- Candidate sites for domain whitelist
- lmandel to follow-up with product and market insights
- Gerv wrote a blog post: http://blog.gerv.net/2012/10/website-evangelism-mobilizing-mozilla/
- Ali and Lawrence discussed checklist to get ready for community push https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Mobile-Evangelism-Community-Checklist
- The Air Mozilla presentation isn't serving our presentation :( - https://air.mozilla.org/mobile-web-test-event/
- tchung will follow-up
- bug 794100 (Brightcove) - Next steps do indeed require some outreach to them
- https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome (mechanical turk for web compat?)
Site Smoke Tests
- Test event last week in MV resulted in ~40 sites with additional info https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mobilewebtestevent
New Action Items
- (lmandel & jsmith) Followup with Chris Lee on Target Goals for Compat
- (tony) follow up with the air mozilla presentation to be posted
- (lmandel) Followup on bug 794100 (Brightcove) outreach with Tom and Jet
- (lukas) start thread to get a B2G Test event on web compat - 2 weeks away?
- (lmandel) Find contact for vimeo