Mobile Web Compatibility - 2013-03-25 Minutes
- [vishy] Contact a ReMo partner to [(optionally) join the meeting and ] be the contact for Rep outreach
- [lmandel] Vishy is working on a survey for ReMo reps.
- [ON TRACK] [lmandel] Create patch for UA overrides for Alexa top 100 site data for Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia
- [lmandel] Site lists sent to aaronmt to run through screenshot tool
- [aaronmt] Site run complete, back to lmandel for short list creation
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- Globo and TechTudo (sister companies) have confirmed that they will fix their UA detection to recognize Firefox OS
- Vimeo is working in Firefox for Android and Firefox OS (bug 719694) - thanks to aaronmt for verifying
- Facebook friends list looks abnormal (bug 854313)
Gecko Specific Issues
- h.264 video playback reenabled in Firefox OS browser (bug 803471)
- Implement <input type='file'> on B2G (bug 832923) landing on B2G 1.1
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- IE11 UA to request Firefox content http://www.neowin.net/news/ie11-to-appear-as-firefox-to-avoid-legacy-ie-css
- Update on Vendor/Model UA request by partners on status
- Interviewing web compat engineer candidate? maybe some tips on what to look for
- Opened https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webcompat-interviews
- how do you create a minimized test case to hand off the issue?
- Unofficial hire for "core platform QA" from Opera, expressed interest in this initiative
- Seeing github activity from Mauro Doglio on Spade. Anyone have an update on the tool?
- A-Team has hired a full time engineer to work on Spade. lmandel will follow up with Clint about progress.
New Action Items
- [lmandel] send Tony a list of sites that we want Qanalyst to retest against B2G (Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia)
- [lmandel] Meet & Greet Mauro and invite him to this meeting if he's available
- [tony] Create a etherpad for interview questions for web compat engineer