Mobile Web Compatibility - 2013-04-01 Minutes
- [DONE] [vishy] Contact a ReMo partner to [(optionally) join the meeting and ] be the contact for Rep outreach
- [lmandel] Vishy is working on a survey for ReMo reps.
- [Vishy] link to survey http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1208830/Firefox-Mobile-Site-Compatibility-Community-Survey
- [lmandel] Create patch for UA overrides for Alexa top 100 site data for Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia
- [ON TRACK] [lmandel] send Tony a list of sites that we want Qanalyst to retest against B2G (Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia)
- [DONE] [lmandel] Meet & Greet Mauro and invite him to this meeting if he's available
- [lmandel] I send Mauro an e-mail to invite him to this meeting or set up a one off at a better time so that we can catch up on Spade. Will let you all know when I hear back.
- [DONE] [tony] Create a etherpad for interview questions for web compat engineer
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- Twitter doesn't support image uploads anymore (bug 855969)
- Web Activities vs. input = file support - made change to support B2G that broke Fennec, we need a clear story on how to work with both platforms (ie. feature detection for input=file)
- meridiano.com.ve and avn.info.ve recognize B2G UAs (bug 828430 & bug 828437) - thanks to Leonard Camacho for the site outreach
- Google Maps is making use of webkit-box-sizing (bug 850827), this is a low priority issue
- Staples site not compatible on Fx OS (bug 853035)
- Wikipedia "app" having search history problems (bug 853713)
- Is this Firefox specific?
- soul-reaper.com does not load on Fx Mobile (bug 855256)
- globovision.com does not recognize B2G UA (bug 855450)
- yfrog's floating div is unpannable and blocks site usage (bug 855777)
Gecko Specific Issues
- Opera handles UA overrides and in product site fixes via BrowserJS: http://www.opera.com/docs/browserjs/
- We need to pick a UA string for Fennec on Ouya (bug 856699). Use existing desktop or mobile? Do we need a new token for the tv/large screen form factor?
- Regression due to awesomebar hiding: IMDB search field hidden behind awesomebar (bug 856497)