Mobile Web Compatibility - 2013-05-06 Minutes
- [lmandel] Create patch for UA overrides for Alexa top 100 site data for Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia
- [lmandel] Site list created. Next is the patch.
- [vishy & lmandel] Discuss use cases with David Bialer on carrier-specific use cases for Marketplace and linking to the web
- [DONE] [lmandel] Send list of LinkedIn issues to jjensen
- [lmandel] Seems the outstanding issues are the need to recognize B2G as mobile and restrict the Android app ad from showing on B2G.
- [vishy] Send out a survey update once Gregg responds with data
- [DONE] [lmandel] follow up with apps team about Twitter bug 855969
- [lmandel] I spoke with Bill Walker about the general issue of ensuring that we don't request a change that breaks Fennec and about Twitter specifically. The apps team will speak with Twitter about making the required change.
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- New Issues
- bug 861504 dailymail.co.uk very, very slow to load. Stock works fine.
- bug 867403 Yahoo mobile site header transparent
- bug 867854 Broken send button on Twitter on FF OS
- bug 868048 CNET Videos does play on FxAndroid (Brightcove)
- bug 868298 Unable to load image/video content when performing bing.com search
Gecko Specific Issues
- Seems to still be a fair amount of fallout from the dynamic nav bar change in Firefox for Android (bug 716403)
- YouTube video playback fixed on B2G (bug 865091) - lmandel suggested a mitigation strategy in bug 843334
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- Blackberry joining us today
- consistent messaging
- tool built with phantom js - headless webkit
- screenshot comparison, looks at source for specific issues (background size), validation
- no functional tests - selenium is interesting but not foreseeable future
- mobile helps in the UA but android or iphone are much more effective
- changing 'touch' to 'kbd' caused 8% fallout from Alexa top 200 sites
- explore the possibility of a regexp lib for standardizing UA sniffing.
- how do you approach sites?
- bd connections with at least top 50 Alexa
- file bugs, forums, twitter