Mobile Web Compatibility - 2013-06-03 Minutes
- [DONE] [lmandel] Create patch for UA overrides for Alexa top 100 site data for Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia
- [lmandel] Site list created. Next is the patch.
- [lmandel] See bug 878657.
- [DONE] [vishy & lmandel] Discuss use cases with David Bialer on carrier-specific use cases for Marketplace and linking to the web
- [vishy] Will set up a meeting for tomorrow.
- [lmandel] Vishy and I need to post the results of this conversation.
- [jsmith] Follow up on instagram bug 871318
- [jsmith] Followed up with contact over email, no response. Will try support forum next.
- [lmandel] Follow-up with Harald about Facebook sign up page bug 870699
- [lmandel] No action. I'll follow up with Harald to ensure this is on his list.
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- New/recently tested site issues
- bug 876357 Economist not serving mobile optimized site to Firefox for Android
- bug 876311 weather.com weather map says its incompatible despite loading correctly
- bug 873385 Facebook Photos rendered in news feed are being rendered in poor quality on a FF OS user agent, but in good quality on a Android user agent
- bug 876870 New: m.danner.com - Site completely unusable
- bug 878132 New: Foursquare show desktop site on Firefox OS
- bug 775919 BBC iPlayer does not detect the Firefox UA
- This is a good bug for whomever starts in our technical role
- bug 873682 Unable to share multiple pictures on Twitter from the "Multiple Selection View"
- This looks like it should be handled by the partner engineering team
- lmandel submitted a ticket to Flickr about broken mobile lightbox (bug 732355)
- Issue is reproducible on Firefox desktop using the mobile URL
- bug 877146 Twitter cards previsualisator webkit only
- Of interest as this is a desktop site that requires a WebKit based browser
- lmandel pinged Twitter https://twitter.com/mmmandel/status/339763054973685761
- lmandel pinged Google about bug 878269 Google+ renders a desktop site on Firefox OS
- bug 780821 Donovan actively working with YouTube to get a HTML 5 mobile site with h264 media content for B2G 1.1
- lmandel spoke with IMDB about recognizing Firefox OS as mobile, should be fixed shortly.
Gecko Specific Issues
- 3GP playback for YouTube (bug 874277)
- bug 858969 - window.scrollTo() cannot ensure compatibility when dynamic toolbar is enabled
- Scrollbar issue
- bug 873900 - Add feature profile string to the minifest URL
- Requested by Marketplace team. Looks to be building a Firefox OS specific device db.
- See also bug 873599 Capability/Feature Detection API
- Should we increment the version in the Firefox OS 1.1 UA? bug 878961
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- Hiring update
- An article that may be of interest to this group: The art of finding anyone's e-mail address
- We should discuss Lessons Learned from YouTube Web Compatibility on Firefox OS
- This seems like good topic for a Firefox OS postmortem. E-mail akeybl about adding it to the agenda.
- Spade update
- Mauro has Spade working on an Amazon EC2 instance - should be easy for others to setup an environment
- Mauro has been mostly pulled off of Space for the short term.