Workweek Agenda (mike)
We've got 3 weeks until Portland, let's discuss the agenda together briefly.
- lawrence: I am scheduling a session about proactively measuring Web compatibility (among other things) to better understand releases. Will hopefully include DOM, JS, Layout, sec, Web compat. Also talking about how to mitigate issues in the field. (Not sure we want to talk about this for Web compat but certainly related to UA override list and Opera JS hacks).
- Mike: discussing about logistics and food at the work week. Everyone, we should consider choosing at least one place for having a dinner together. https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webcompatworkweek2014
- Mike: 8am to 10am on thursday I have a commitment. (discussions around the collective agenda and meeting with other groups)
- Lawrence: I will be responsible for organizing the joint meeting about release and webcompat.
- Karl: I will take the responsibility of connecting with devtools team for the work week.
- Lawrence: the 3rd meeting seems related to the other one in release management but you may want to contact: Jet Villegas, :jst
WebCompatibility Summit Agenda (mike)
Can we start to think about what the Summit will look like? - talks? - roundtables? - unconference/hack sessions? See https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebCompat_Summit_%282015%29
- Mike: we should have a rough proposal of a topic/agenda for making it more compelling. Apple, Google are local. Microsoft are in Seattle. We have a big space ~60 persons and 2 rooms and a total capacity for 100 persons. We have the space schedule. We have coffee in the morning and snacks.
- Lawrence: The closest place is a 15 minutes walk. You should plan to cater for lunch. You can close or open Polaris and Capella so the space can be really big. Also suggest to book Vega for the day for smaller (~8 person) meetings.
- Lawrence: MV floor plan: https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/WPR/Mountain+View+Office+Floor+plans+-+MTV
- Mike: in my mind there are 3 main areas: standards related compatibility work, testing and automated assessment, outreach/evangelism.
- Karl: Shall we do an introduction of what are the issues around WebCompatibility.
- Lawrence: It would be cool to ask the companies to speak of their own issues. Propose them to present if they want about their tools and process.
- Mike: I wanted also let room for a call for talk, call for papers. Round tables discussions or talks.
- Alexa: There's another format I use… Fish Bowl. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishbowl_%28conversation%29 Invite Kohei.
- Changed the process for developing Webcompat.com
- Created a changelog for the project
- Started the [ Webcompat HowTo] for fixing Web compatibility issues
Broken Voices of the Web
- 2014-11-11 - Adding Android WebView in intent to implement/ship
- 2014-11-08 - Intent to Implement: navigator.connect
- 2014-11-07 - Intent to Implement and ship : Implement activation behaviour of link element
- 2014-11-07 - Intent to Deprecate: CSS font loading's ready as a function in favor of ready as an attribute
- 2014-11-07 - Writing forward-compatible websites
- 2014-11-06 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 34
- 2014-11-06 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 33
- 2014-11-06 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 35
- 2014-11-04 - Intent to Implement and ship : Implement Element.closest()
- 2014-11-04 - The Message, The Trigger And The Ugly: Web Agencies Priorities And Skills
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2014-11-03 Desktop http://www.myvideo.de does not work properly because of mixed content blocking INVALID
- 2014-11-03 Desktop Mixed content blocked on https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums and msdn pages FIXED
- 2014-11-04 Desktop ukraine.usembassy.gov - Carrousel is not working at all WORKSFORME
- 2014-11-04 Desktop Zoom in/out not working on Flash content WORKSFORME
- 2014-11-04 Mobile vesti-online.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile FIXED
- 2014-11-04 Mobile hotmail.com / mail.live.com / login.live.com sends desktop content to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2014-11-04 Mobile my.yahoo doesn't serve tier1 on Firefox OS and Firefox Android FIXED
- 2014-11-05 Desktop Loading https://panel.dreamhost.com fails with "The connection was interrupted" FIXED
- 2014-11-06 Mobile videos on video.disney.co.jp are wider than the screen in Firefox on Android INVALID
- 2014-11-10 Desktop Facebook only showing a toolbar in Firefox versions 5 through 15 FIXED
- 2014-11-10 Mobile eldefinido.cl sends desktop site to Firefox OS and Firefox for Android FIXED
- 2014-11-10 Mobile cardekho.com isn't redirecting to mobile site on Firefox OS FIXED
- 2014-11-04 Desktop type in text field doesn't show on techpinions.com
- 2014-11-06 Mobile (browser) Rotating the phone to portrait, the video will not fill the media element in Vimeo
- 2014-11-06 Mobile (Tech Evangelism) - The language drop down list is NOT in alphabetical order
- 2014-11-07 Desktop Cannot enter on www.kredodirect.com.ua bank when SSLv3 is disabled