Contribute/Archive/Community Building Team/Meetings/2014-03-17

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Core team weekly meeting
Date & Time: Monday 17 March 2014 @ 5pm UTC
Location: CBT vidyo room (
Moderator: David 
Last agenda + notes:
Parking lot:


  • Action items
    • Action items from today:
      • Larissa to share out who has earned badges at today's project call
      • David to put Monday meeting discussion on next team agenda and the pathway for community building and +1ing all of the alliance topics
      • Go through Alliance and +1 each item you agree to, or otherwise ask questions.
      • William to talk to Michelle Thorne about MozCamp plans and report back to group
    • Action items from last week: 
      • Lots from last week -- will debrief below

  • FYI, David will need to leave by 9:45 to make it to People Lead meeting and will be unavailable for the rest of Monday and Tuesday
    • to this end and because I think Christie also has something, should we meet earlier? Can we?

  • Nominations for community building superstar badge
  • Regular updates on what we're doing
    • Assumptions: 
      • The time spent doing updates at last week's in person meeting was useful
      • Updates need to be longer than a 2 minute lightning talk to be useful
      • Discussions around updates or more useful than just information sharing
      • People don't want to write or read a bunch of email reports each week
    • Proposal:
      • Starting next Monday we add a 10-minute item to the agenda for one person to do an update and have a discussion around that.  We can set up a rotation schedule so that everyone gets a chance to share and gets to receive feedback and offers of help.
      • If we have something urgent, or that seems timely, can we agree to request a 2 minute lighning talk by adding it to the agenda? sure.

  • Documenting our alliance
    • Notes from our discussion about how we want to work together are at:
    • We can add to this or revisit existing items whenever anyone would like and bake it into our in person meeting agendas

  • VP meeting update and next steps
    • Picking the top 10 list of growth opportunities that map to product needs
    • Goal is to have activators identified by end of quarter.

  • MozCamp in June (what the what!?!?!?) srsly? what the what?
    • have specific dates/location been set? (Singapore, no date)

  • CoCo debrief