Contribute/Archive/Community Building Team/Meetings/2014-06-09

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Core team weekly meeting
Date & Time: Monday 9 June 2014 @ 5pm UTC
Location: CBT vidyo room (
Moderator: David 
Last agenda + notes:
Parking lot:


  • Spend time getting your story of growth together and reach out to other team members for help, feedback, edits or whatever you need if you're feeling stuck.


  • Please read -- we won't go through this information together in the meeting,  but everyone needs to know about this.  Send any questions or comments to the team alias.

  • 1:1s for this week
    • Be ready to talk through your story

  • Town Hall prep
  • Communications
    • What we'll share with the project this week
      • Pierros' story of growth partnering with the Location Services Team
      • Enabling communities that have impact Town Hall
    • What we'll share with the People team this week
      • Note to team about joining for Town Hall
      • Ally is also preparing a note about connecting Payam as a new volunteer to the People team and about asking people to help create opportunities for more volunteers (not sure of her timing for that note)
    • What will we share with the People leads this week
      • The 'marketing' plan for our stories -- where we'll post them, how we'll use them, etc. [Carry over]

  • Strategy lens discussions
    • Services: Really great discussion with Mark Mayo.  He has already tasked the Location Services team to take their project to the next level and he knows that will include community participation.  The only open question is how much of their location data needs can community participation provide (for example, do they need to prepare to cover 10% of their data needs through other means?)
    • Badges: Positive discussion with David Ascher and my ask to him was to have the Foundation people involved with badges be more present in our Working Groups and Grow Mozilla discussions.  He said yes and Larissa and I have been talking to Emily to sort out the details.
    • Upcoming: Meeting with Denelle was bumped a week, meeting with Bob Moss coming up

  • Coordinating with Engagement
    • Had conversation with Winston about coordinating across People team and Engagement.  He asked about tension and I told him my opinion that things have been working well when we've been following the grid from the goals.  He hadn't seen it before and agreed that it was a good way to structure roles and responsibilities.  We also talked about how David should join a Community Engagement meeting soon to share the same information with the whole team.

  • PTO/Travel
    • David  has jury duty on June 17 -- will reschedule meetings for that day and  for latter in the week too if I end up getting selected
    • David is on PTO June 30-July 4 (in England)
      • Will be working from July 7-July 11 from Paris office
    • Christie is out of office 23-27 June for Open Source Bridge
    • Jennie is at PyCamp in Oshkosh, WI June 12-June 20
      • ADACamp June 21-June 22
      • Also at OS Bridge with Christie and Larissa June 23-27
    • Michelle is in NY at Content Services Work week June 14-19th-- on email, not in meetings
    • Michelle is out June 30-July 4 on PTO


  • Nominations for community building superstar badge (2 minutes)
  • Rotating Updates (5 minutes)
    • This week: Larissa (she needed to attend Get Involved design sprint so let's skip today)
    • Next week: Larissa
      • Michelle to update on content services after the work week-- June 23
      • Twitter:
  • Wiki WG rolled out the new anti spam measures! Yay
  • Pierros's "Are We a Millian" is both MoFo MoCo 
    • This is the first MoCo MoFo thing
    • The ask is: how is the semantics MoCo vs MoFo
      • Mark Surman wants this to be a united one Mozilla design
      • Make sure that the design matches the original goals

  • Blockers
    • Is anyone feeling stuck on anything?

  • Michelle's transition to full-time community building in Q3
  • Stories
    • Proposed schedule based on discussions in our 1:1s about where each person is with their story development
      • Week of June 2: Pierros:
      • Week of June 9: Larissa
      • Week of June 16: William
      • Week of June 23: Michelle
      • Week of June 30: Christie
      • Week of July 8: Jennie
    • Where
      • Blogs -- either about:community or personal blogs that syndicate to Planet
      • Monday meetings -- this is optional, but is a nice way for you to get visibility for the hard work you're doing.  For anyone who would like to do this, David is happy to support.  What we're doing with Pierros' story today at the Monday meeting can be a model to follow.
        • We can also maybe cycle this into the lifecycle.  Presentations that can be wrapped into workweeks?
          • Sky's the limit+1
      • See line 109 for more thoughts on this. 
      • Meet with Michelle if you need help.

  • Work week
  • Quick feedback on visuals and copy of our Contributors Dashboard
  • Creating visibility on our partnerships
    • Reminder to fill out the SmartSheet with all relevant details by the end of Friday -- let Jennie know how she can help you
      • Are we using the columns on the smartsheet?
      • Fill in what you can on the smartsheet?
    • Let's talk through any questions or concerns about documenting active contributor definitions
    • Ongoing Storytelling.  We all have to have 1 story by the end of the month, how can we create a story sharing cadence that will allow us to tell a story a month?

Action items

  • Action items from today

  • Action items from last week: 
    • Jennie reached out to Emily