How can we measure community health? What are it's key performance indicators (KPIs)?
During the August 2014 CBT workweek we create this list of indicators:
- Retention (how many contributors are staying and leaving)
- Growth (how many new contributors are joining)
- Development (how many contributors are increasing their skills and/or having projects with greater commitment)
- Sentiment (how do contributors feel about being involved)
- Capacity (how are teams increasing their ability to build communities)
Do these indicators make sense? Are there indicators we're missing? How are each of these measured? How does diversity (breadth) of contributors and contributions fit in?