Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- put your days out and travel on the Evangelism Speaking calendar
- Jason offline May 11-15 next week: no 1:1's that week
- Aubrey -
- New evangelism team member coming soon
- For Fx DevEdition 40 we want to create a blog post and 3 videos around the new features. (video 1 - top 5 fixes/features, goes w/UserVoice post)
- Callahad + Jason working with Axel re: Perf Tools
- Axel's top perf tools things: Timeline, integration of profiler with timeline, new profiler flame chart, memory in timeline, and graphics instrumentation, i.e. records
- (Stretch): "Top 5 new things in Fx40 from UserVoice" video
- Jeff wants 2 posts: 1) things coming in from UserVoice, and 2) perf tools
- Youtube interview series w/Potch (tentative). Talk to Rainer.
- Interesting: "IoT stuff getting really smaller; now talking about "disappearables" instead of "wearables."
- Whistler planning: (notes added below in Q&A)
- Heading to OpenWest on Wednesday!
- Giving 3 talks and TA'ing 1 workshop
- landed fxos animations patch 3woo03owe
- worked on a session restore api for add-ons post for hacks
- worked a tool for building visual-novel storytelling for webvr
- Hacks blog wireframes!
- outlining a WebVR screencast
- working on a draft for Trainspotting 38 post
- (bank holiday in the UK)
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)
Potch's Hacks Wireframes
- category-based navigation
- (callahad) I would equally enjoy a restricted set of categories -- focus us down to "web platform, firefox, demos / videos..." I don't know, whatever our essential categories are ;)
- I guess I'm also looking for some sort of way to differentiate between evergreen content and more river-of-news content.
- larger font on article page
- stable of pre-set 'themes' for the hero space, based on series/topics/other
- video content as 1st class citizen on blog- routes to YT or ? to embed or not?
- category-based navigation
Team Meeting w/o Jason Next Week?
Q & A
callahad: What's up with Whistler?
jason: We have a room booked for the whole week; we'll have a few mandatory meetings with Andreas' groups. Let's start thinking about this as a recurring item in our weekly meetings.
Havi: We've got two community members coming (MDN TechSpeakers Pilot folks, etc.) They'll probably be busy, but we want to make sure they hang out with us a bit.
Jason: Right. Need to talk about good/bad presentation techniques, collecting / collating data from conferences, etc. Inviting Sandra from Events as well. We will not do silly team-building exercises.
- JSConf EU CFP extended by a month -- you have until end of May to submit!
- Jason wants to start thinking about 5 year vision for tech + us. "People over-estimate 5 years, under-estimate 1 year."