Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Jason's offline through Wednesday
- Flames en route to Berlin office to be reshipped to OTSConf and JS13kGames
- Significant time planning re: Persona with internal folks (MDN, AirMo, etc.)
- Interviewed a DevRel candidate
- Q3 goals set. Mine are roughly: 4 talks, 3 articles, 2 videos, 1 published podcast
- Recorded first a super rough draft of a DevRel Podcast episode.
- Recording to be emailed to devrel@moco. Actual content runs from 02:30 to 34:00
- Format decisions: 3 people, 3 topics, ~20-30 minutes of unstructured discussion around those topics.
- Trying to publish monthly (the rough draft will not be published, it was to help us work out recording kinks)
- Vidyo works better than Hangouts, but video quality is bad
- I think it's the London office (wireless?) network T_T
- Began researching Push API
- Submitting to the JSConf Colombia CFP
- Helped PSU Capstone team with mozAlarms issues. Filed bugs in core and against simulator.
- Wrote, published and tweeted bookmarklet for webcompat.com
- MoCo + DevRel
- Work with Naoki to document build locations and update channels for Firefox OS.
- Tech speakers round two planning w/ Havi
- Met with FxOS leads about engagement
- filed LOTS of bugs on firefox os and firefox desktop
- various MDN fixes - line length, and worked w/ sheppy to figure out how to ensure code samples don’t get cut off
- Tech speakers monthly meetup
- Work on gradient fix evangelism w/ Mike Taylor
- Worked to improve our DMG layout
- Met with FxOS devs about dev participation plan
- Worked w/ FxOS UX on opening up their triage, and enabling participation on design bugs
- Wrote Q3 goals, entered into workday
- Drafted FxOS developer contribution plan for Q3 & Q4, shared with Faramarz, Gregor, Mhenretty and Reza
- bug 1170373
- drafted TS2 schedule
- Hacks blog publishing:
- will likely need help reviewing 1 or 2 FxOS TV post from Taipei.
- Restarting the Moz Tech Speakers pilot/review revised plan - pt 2.
- working w/Moz Hispano localization team to get newsletter translated & shipped.
- Worked w/Rainer on Moz Tech Speakers video.
- Playing catch up with things and stuff from last quarter, agh
- Went to WebGL meetup, made content kit to help her with presentation, will redo as screencast https://github.com/mozdevs/ck-graphics-debugging
- Replying to too many emails :-(
- Spent some time working on library that many people use e.g. VR -> tween.js as it was quite in a "shambly" state
- Setting "the stage" for my upcoming talks, writing script and trying various three.js+webaudio+npm ideas
- Back from PTO
- Might officially be on the team! Maybe! Need to check email.
- Need to file a ton of bugs from Foxfooding
- wrote a caltrain app for FxOS
- email dev platform about devrel-needed keyword, monday meeting
Keep in mind upcoming key events:
- OSCON (this week) - VR and Games demos in booth, supported by devrel, MDN is funding.
- Documentation and training for MozVR
- Games Demo Training:
- Brazil JS (August 20th):
- Nick is speaking, Andrzej is doing a 1/2 day Games workshop.
- JSConf Eu Berlin (Sept)
- discount tickets via Sandra
- Games & VR lounge
- UNITE Boston (Sept) - Unity.
- Andre Vrignauld & Luke Wagner speaking
- View Source (Nov): Portland, still seeking leads for sponsorship.
- GSTAR Korea (Nov) - games-focused event in Busan.
- Q2 Sponsored Events (highlighted in green): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v5aiIJnOKVPM8xEyMrbO8DuqbIscevbTPVxybwka3Kofirstname.lastname@example.org&actionButton=1#gid=1242136610
Question - when will the sponsored events reviews start/complete? Format of collecting feedback?
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
- Question: who sent me (sole) more old Firefox stickers to the London office?
We don't know :(... Potch?
Devrel-needed Bugzilla Keyword
- For flagging things that DevRel will probably want to talk about. Hacks blog post, etc. (
- KEYWORD: "developer advocacy" - inbound msg from devrel to eng team
- KEYWORD: "devrel needed" - "outbound" - from teams to devrel
- Nick offers to manage
- Make sure we follow up with Andrew Overholt once this is available
- And dev-platform?
- And Monday meeting
- Also add a link to review the keyword to our weekly meeting template