Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Double check that your goals are in for Q3!
- Please read and consider responding to the devrel list message re: Servo from Jason.
- OSCON Recap (from Sandra)
- Driven by Ben Kerensa, who procured a non-profit booth. Booth was then additionally supported by MDN.
- We also had a VR table in the Hardware area similar to what Potch, Jeff, and Callahad had at Fluent
- Felt small, but lots of closed, corporate parties / events. E.g., Kuber's party was invite-only.
- Moving to Austin, TX next year.
- Still working on Pointer API post
- Interviews closer to hiring
- wrote Orange Evangelism Plan (2 events in Africa)
- Working with Nick and Josh on VR plan
- redesigning Games website
- Met with Flaki re: OTSConf talks + workshops
- Worked on demos + talk
- Flames re-shipped from Berlin to OTSConf + JS13kGames
- Conducted a few more interviews
- landed bug 1170373
- reviewed some articles for Hacks
- worked on gradients post w/ mtaylor
- OSCON booth duty. so many webvr demos. not so many games demos.
- discovered we have no documentation for creating a patch for mozilla-central anymore. wtf. working w/ cmills to fix.
- pushing on fxos contribution stuff - starting with identifying fall-off points and backlogs
- wrote a firefox add-on that’s a devtools panel for inspecting microformat content. because we’ll need it for when the new mf parser lands and we hopefully can use it for fxos pin-the-web UI. https://github.com/autonome/mf-panel
- reached out to hoye/pierros about contributor metrics - looks like a major upgrade asap to areweeverywhere.com will include fxos, coming next week probably
- sent Flames to rando twitter people
- worked with two volunteer contributors to improve RainbowMembrane WebVR demo
- some work on live-streaming VR video from Kodak PixPro to WebVR
- working with Kevin Hu to build out the FxOS contribution and academic programs in Taipei
- On PTO from Wed 7/29 - Wed 8/5
- Struggling to get posts for Hacks aside from the weekly ES6. Working on lengthy FxOS hardware events
- Pointer API on hold
- Keyboard events post in progress/
- Working on V2 of Mozilla Tech Speakers in coordination w/Dietrich, People Rocket, past Pilots - to kick off mid-Sept
- Trying to get Spanish translation of Apps & Hacks newsletter completed & shipped tmrw
- Videos of Moz Tech Speakers in production w/Rainer
- three.js template + blogged + practised GIFfing it - my growth hacking experiment (MWHAHAHAHAHA)
- finally settled on script+demos for new Web Audio talk
- went to webVR meeting to get an idea of where are things going
- preparing talk and probably also CK for next week Web Components meetup at Manchester
- some nodebotting on Saturday! also, biking
- this week: interviewing lots
- Needs to email dev-platform about devrel-needed keyword
- SIMD.js linear algebra
- Client side prediction and Server Reconciliation
- Needs to book flights for a bunch of stuff
- Ideating servo demos
- had beers with Tessel cofounder; they've dissolved :(
- JSCONF EU (Sept) tickets to purchase (10 available; see devrel list email)
- Gregor Wagner wants to be involved w berlin team for recruiting efforts
- Events to include into VR plans
- Speaking with Unity/ Andre V Games for Unite event in Sept.
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jY9SNhcVPzP mnJ_laOpglnGqK5E6CyEncnrfPFA26Ms/edit#gid=1313060288
- Working w Josh for VR branding (possibly ready to Brazil JS)
- Dev Tools Education initiative w Arcadio/Jeff Griffiths
- Two demo training to be set in August with ADA Dev Academy + General Assembly both in Seattle
- In SFO/MTV starting tomorrow til Tuesday
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)