Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Need people to create video content for November compaign. Respond to email on list if you *don't* have time.
- MediaRecorder api demo: sole to help
- Expect to review your Q3 goals in your 1:1 this week
- Working on connectjs talk
- 2016 Planning
- Got pulled into a Persona security bug (1208480)
- Talk on Promises proposed and accepted for this month's NodeMN meetup
- Lots of work on WebExtension bugs, investigation of Chrome behavior, etc.
- Continued trying to reach someone at BlueJeans for 1204186
- Learned about the font-feature-setting and font-variant-ligatures CSS properties
- Discussed WebExtensions with Reddit Enhancement Suite author
- Mostly curious about storage options; Jetpack's simple-storage is way broken.
- Answer: just use localStorage or IndexedDB, but blocked by 1208874
- Sent a two minor patches upstream to RES (PRs 2464 and 2465)
- Also got to experiment with add-ons for old Opera 12. They're gross. I miss Opera.
- Reviewed :pbrosset's upcoming article for Smashing Magazine
- Convinced him to fix 1174437!
- Still writing Hacks article and prepping for a talk tomorrow.
- Upgraded to OS X 10.11 El Capitan. No issues.
- Hacks blog this week: today - Hacking FxOS on Sony phones (Dietrich), Ahmed's RTL Pt2 post, LAUNCH!!!! of redesign.... Proposal from TW for "How to build an FxOS Add-on"
- Apps & Hacks newsletter shipped late last week, Spanish edition is pending. Focus on View Source promo, Fx Add-ons & WebExtensions, DE43
- Hacks redesign goes out tomorrow!
- Will write a post about it
- Helping out with Developer Edition demo content
- Jen Fong and Rachel Nabors also helping
- making slides more performant, taking notes on how devtools are NOT helping me much with it, giving the team feedback - some things DevAdvocacy-ed, like 1186580
- preparing for Fronteers this week!
- spoke to someone who's running a series of videocasts re: running an episode on how to build a thing in Web Audio, livecoding/explaining it as I go
- started to write a 'how to write a talk' resource, going to use it to help an engineer from France get into more public speaking -> will send to havi for tech speakers!
- saw VR discussed on the BBC this morning: "you could get into the changing room before the match starts!" "more like smelly reality then"
- Had a great week in London!
- Worked on games content for the MDN: tilemaps (still WIP)
- I'm flying on Wednesday to attend Fronteers (Sole is speaking there)
- Might speak at Front-End London meetup in November (still waiting for confirmation for the proposed talk)
- Spoke with Sandra, I'll go with her and Nick to GStar in Korea (November). Booked the flight + hotel
- GOT A LAPTOP :D