Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Get your quarterly goals in!
- Nick is leaving Mozilla at the end of the week. Potch is responsible for giving him a good send-off.
- PeninsulaJS This week!
- Need to figure out appropriate way to charge/donate for future events
- CfP torrent continues
- DevTools spelunking
- helping test out new serviceworkers debugging features in devtools - finding plenty weird edge case bugs, sadly I think the feature will have to be delayed
- also attended meeting re improving console + debugger in devtools, this will be a long process
- the mediarecorder relaunch will be delayed too - still planning on writing the post etc but at a less 'manic' pace
- got accepted for jsconf UY! Also planning another conf in Greece
- recorded session for peer to peer on Web Audio
- helped debug/isolate interesting Web Audio bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1240054
- made an unpublished screencast to show how to use try builds... to learn how to use screenflow better, will add the bumper and render + upload later, if you're all cool with it I can upload it to our youtube channel etc
- Created a new example for MediaRecorder (was missing)
- Talk "JS game development with Phaser" at Betabeers BCN meetup
- Been asked to deliver an extended version into another meetup in BCN in late-february
- Finished creating assets for the "HTML 5 game developement" intro videos. They will be published into our Youtube channel once the contractor produces them.
- Preparing talk for Freakend (game dev gathering / unconference in Madrid, in two weeks) about game jams
- I'll release my HTML slides template in https://github.com/belen-albeza/generator-simple-bespoke
- It seems I'm switching to make VR demos
- Might go to GDC in the end?
- GGJ 2016
- Event Content focus - 2015 was games and VR, same for 2016?
- Role update
- (See email to devrel list)
- started a spreadsheet of CSS Properties that need to be implemented, in order: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i569aRLqWyKhOvny9ldjyDFh8BoZ_cM3fMeJO9b1DvU/edit#gid=0
- working on an email to Platform Engineering Leadership on CSS Shapes and the level of interest. Should go out today.
- started advocating for CSS Shapes tool in Dev Tools: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1242029
- stuck not being able to submit Q1 Goals into Workday. What now?
- continuing to make lots of plans for upcoming conferences, emailing with producers — including planning The Web Ahead live on stage, at AEA Nashville, a panel discussion of how web design could change given the new technology for layout
- studying Grid — read Rachel Andrew's new book, http://abookapart.com/products/get-ready-for-css-grid-layout, plus videos, blog posts, the spec itself
- jumping into a debate about whether the subgrid property is key, and if shipping Grid should wait for it, see: http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2016/01/15/subgrids-considered-essential/
- CSS Grid Workshop in NYC, last weekend in Feb. Know someone who should be here? http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/events/grid-workshop
- got down into the weeds with the responsive CSS for the redesign of the W3C Spec pages: https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/issues/38
- two blogs posts published by others based on my work: https://css-tricks.com/print-magazine-layouts-converted-to-web-layouts/ and http://www.emorygriffith.com/shape-outside-a-css-property-that-packs-a-subtle-punch/
- connected Michael Verdi to our team to write posts and make demo for Hacks about Web VR
- Visas, DevRel Dashboard, experimenting with Web Push + writing Hacks article on the same.
- Getting up to speed on the Add-ons side.
- Defined Q1 goals. Didn't save them in Workday. I'm that guy. Sorry. (me too! w00t <3 WorkDay, also, grep for workday here: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/technology/inside-amazon-wrestling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html)
- Mozllia Fellowship buddy Greg Tatum starts today on devtools!
- 2 sucessful blogs
- working on 2 YT videos related to WebRTC
- Push API post
- Reviewed and published Chris (WebSpeech) and Nicks (OMT WebGL)posts of Hacks
- Finished up review cycle
- Finished Q4 accomplishment slides
- GDC Planning
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)
Q & A
- To add captions to our videos, shall we purchase it ourselves and then expense it?
- Yep, for now.