- Michael E
Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Bonuses set, you'll hear more in your 1:1.
- Trip report form still in the works, expect to discuss it next week.
- Dietrich will be attending Google I/O.
- Schedule for MozLondon still in the works, should go out this week. Think about the teams you want to meet with so we can minimize overlap between evangelists.
- Are your Q2 goals in? No? Wtf. Fix it.
- Need more content for the Hacks blog. See anything worth pursuing? Let Havi know!
Anything blocking you? Anything interesting to report?
- [callahad]: There's now a formal "WebExtensions Advisory Group." I'm our rep on that
- [callahad]: Add-on Signing pref going away in 47, which lands during London: https://bugzil.la/1186522#c140
- Currently, no "unbranded Release / Beta builds" for people to test with, which we had promised. So... wtf?
- [callahad]: e10s plan is to *very* slowly phase in during 2016 based on existing add-on compatibility, probably not on for everyone until mid-2017
- [callahad]: DevRel Dashboard is at http://mozdevs.github.io/devrel-dashboard/
- [ladybenko]: spoke at WebProgressions about html5 gamedev
- [mikee]: Berlin Tech Speaker meetup planning going ahead, communicating deadlines etc. this week
- [havi]: On PTO starting Wednesday, back in two weeks on the 24th, limited network connectivity.
- Contact Michael for TechSpeakers questions.
Plan for This Week
What will you do this week?
- [callahad] Dashboard polish based on feedback + clear up lingering WebExtension TODO items
- [jason] More Servo Testing. More arguing with Dan on Dashboard Implementation :)
- [havi] Lock down venue and accomodations contract for Tech Speaker meetup, get Invitation form sent to Tech Speaker invitees, see if there's anything new for Hacks, head out on PTO (starts Wed- back Tues May 24)
- [jen] at the CSS Working Group meeting
- [ladybenko]: keep working on Wasm demo. Learn how to develop themes in Drupal (we will need this for our website)
Summary of Last Week
What did you accomplish last week?
- Met with Platform and showed off the DB and Triage results.
- Researched Internet stats on Web API usage
- Worked on Feedback Form
- Reviewed Shared Array Buffer Post
- Tested Servo’s Profiling:
- Working with Ali on Team measurements
- Sent out Offer letter for VR Evangelist
- Completed initial DevAdvocacy bug triage + dashboard polish at http://mozdevs.github.io/devrel-dashboard/
- Reviewed a patch for Persona to add a user-visible deprecation notice to the homepage
- Submitted a PR to SindreSorhus's "Refined Twitter" Chrome add-on to make it work with Firefox
- Filed six bugs against various Test Pilot add-ons
- Got two DevTools bugs resolved: https://bugzil.la/1253018 and https://bugzil.la/1263404
- Diagnosed https://bugzil.la/1150519
- Onboarding Michael Ellis as new Tech Speakers program manager / worked on Invite form for Tech Speaker meetup, and various other Meetup logistics/planning/coordination w/VS
- Co-hosted Tech Speakers monthly call (with Manel Rhaiem, TS alum and new Outreachy intern) and walked through our plans/expectations for the Meetup
- Managed the @mozhacks twitter workflow w/Flaki, other contractor management administrivia
- Attended and provided feedback on 2 vendor presentations organized by Recruiting/Michelle Marovich to evaluate Interviewing training proposals for Mozilla hiring managers and staff 'interviewers'
- Worked 1:1 extensively with several Tech Speakers on details of their travel arrangements, Egencia #fails, cost center switches
- Edited/published Shared Array Buffer post in Hacks
- Got Tech Speaker Alex Saladrigas aligned w/Salva for a PWA roadtrip in Spain in June with the Google Dev team
- MozLDN elective session: Public Speaking as a Service, with Elio Qoshi.
- Setup Basecamp to be the headquarters of our DevRel Website Project. Setup schedule and other extensive documentation. Keeping the ball in the air, even though we are all busy.
- published The Web Ahead episode 115
- prepped for my trip this week
- Recovered from jetlag (landed on BCN at 7 AM -> never again)
- Adapted and rehearsed my gamedev talk so it fits 30 minutes
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)
Q & A
[Jen] hi, I can't be on the call because I have another meeting at the same time, but I wanted to ask that everyone who's received an email from me about the Basecamp project for the DevRel website please do respond. I want to keep the ball rolling on this project, and that will best happen through communicating on Basecamp. Let me know if you have any questions, blockers, or concerns. Thanks!