- sole (in writing 8-))
- mikee <-- what's your preferred nick?
Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Will review budget in London
- Really interesting work from DevTools team re: standalone debugger which can target Fx, Node, etc.
- Many more details + info on upcoming responsive mode, push, etc. changes at the link in Jason's summary
- Helen Holmes' prototype of inline editor for borders: https://bug1272148.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8755272
- https://github.com/jlongster/debugger.html Prototype Brief
- DevRel Dashboard likely to be presented on stage by Martin Best. (callahad: oshit. someone please make it pretty.)
Anything blocking you? Anything interesting to report?
- [ladybenko] Just came back from holidays \o/ Also, I'll be a speaker at View Source Berlin (You can hover over the text to get a tooltip with the author -- in this case, ladybenko)
- [callahad] Great reception at PyCon; from the people I spoke with, our best regarded products are MDN and Rust, not Firefox. Also, *huge* round of applause when I mentioned Let's Auth.
- [havi] Berlin Tech Speaker Meetup planning is full-speed ahead
- [mikee] visa letters to Tech Speakers have been sent out, also doing some last minute support for a conf. we'll be going to.
Plan for This Week
What will you do this week?
- Sole: follow up on MediaRecorder talks + lotsa bug filing, more scheduling meetings for next week, maybe looking at the code of our dashboard website ;-)
- Havi: Finish Tech Speaker Phase 2 application criteria/form; work on Tech Speaker Phase 2 masterclass calendar and Labs plan; organize my sched for LDN & plan for BER week after; publish DE 49 post in Hacks, possibly also Florian's JS errors post; complete draft of content agenda for Berlin Tech Speaker meetup; think about preparing for my elective w/Elio called "Public Speaking as a Service"
- Belén: catch up with everything, get wasm demo finished so I can get feedback from Wasm people at London
- plan and then teach a one-day workshop on Grid for the designers at Clearleft
- prep for London, setting up meetings, catching up on Mozilla email, watching the pre-note videos
- researching layout: Linotype machine, photo-compositing, VU magazine, and the change from metal type to film
- creating demos of Grid, figuring out autoplacement (I hope)
- I need to make a lot of progress on my feature article for Net Mag
- I keep getting sucked into thinking about Progressive Web Apps. Tweeted a ton. Had a lot of conversations in response. Keep walking away. Don't write more, Jen. Focus. Focus on layout. Leave 'PWA' alone... walk away...
- working at Clearleft in Brighton UK all week: http://clearleft.com
- Flaki: PWA workshop Tuesday in Oslo!
- Flaki: to catch up with reporting of last few weeks in conferences
- callahad: WebExtension prep, dashboard polish, PyCon trip report, presenting PWAs at OpenSourceNorth
Summary of Last Week
What did you accomplish last week?
- Servo testing many CSS properties.
- Setting up Aug 4 Code School meet-up
- June PLR planning
- Monthly Budget review
- Reviewed Andrzej’s 3D gaming post
- Planning meeting with Devtools team https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SdLOdMxy_d0yeorkYPt2qCdU1RLvtbeKOvksvM5VV84/edit
- Spoke at PyCon! Well received, look for trip report this week. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dacOIIqKFfs slides: http://callahad.github.io/pycon-newweb/
- Hacks: Published Basics of building 3D games on the Web by Andrzej Mazur; lined up some new posts for this week (hopefully)
- Tech Speakers monthly call: delivered updates on TS Meetup Berlin (content & logistics); Tech Speakers at View Source
- Tech Speakers Berlin meetup: lots of planning
- Masterclass planning for Phase 2: scheduling speakers, figuring out how to get payments to guest speakers.
- Renewing Flaki's contract through end of year.
- Decided to work from Berlin week after MozLDN, to visit our TS Meetup venues, connect w/folks there, etc
- spoke at WebRebels in Oslo (Norway), on MediaRecorder, great crowd and lots of interesting questions / use cases / bugs to file. Also lots of interesting inspiring talks! Came back energised and also very exhausted *_*
- filed bug for thing that bugs me https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1277809
- supplied more materials for press article on MediaRecorder
- figuring out meetings for during work week
- figuring out logistics for Sam
- traveled to Norway
- rewrote my 60min talk to fit into 40mins
- presented at CSS Conf Nordic
- met Håkon Lie, pitched him my ideas for revised Regions spec, heard his about overflow: page-*
- called Alan Stearns at Adobe to discuss ideas after the meeting with Håkon
- convinced CSS Conf to caption all their videos
- 26 new subscribers to Layout Land [question: what is layout land?] > http://www.layout.land
- heard from Apple that they've fixed up break-* (likely partly in response to my lobbying)
- read 3 more CSS Specs: Pseudo-Elements, Template Layout, Transforms
- made headway with email, mostly in the immigration line at LHR
- been writing a feature article for Net Mag
- Had fun in Japan 😎
- Was at CSSConf Nordic, Web Rebels, NodeConf Oslo
- Gave a talk at Framsia, Oslo on Progressive Webapps on Wednesday
- They already have it up from the Live Stream! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfQ6GWWuVVw&feature=youtu.be&t=1h52m15s
- Helped out at the Tessel workshop on Sunday
- Helping View Source + reviewing talk proposals
- Work on the Port and preparing taks goals for London
- Give a talk about PWA in Lisbon, Porto and Cáceres 
- Run PWA codelab in Lisbon, Porto and Cáceres 
- Give a talk about Mozilla and the Open Web in Porto 
- Publish the first version of a real progressive web application . My intention is to put it in production but keeping it simple enough to be a good codebase for learning.
 https://delapuente.github.io/presentations/from-web-app-to-pwa (I'm updating this right now as I changed it from Thursday to Friday)  https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/your-first-pwapp/#0  https://delapuente.github.io/presentations/the-open-web-at-your-fingertips  https://github.com/delapuente/pangolink
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)