Note that this page omits email addresses to avoid concerns about spammers. If you need someone's email address and can't find it otherwise please contact Dave Humphrey or Frank Hecker.
Contact information for professors and others actively involved in teaching Mozilla-related courses or having students work on Mozilla-related projects:
- Dave Humphrey (IRC: humph). Teaching Topics in Open Source Development courses at Seneca College in Toronto, Ontario.
- Gregorio Robles. Teaching the Madrid Mozilla Technology Course (MMTC) at the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid, Spain.
- Didier Courtaud (IRC: desiderious). Teaching the "Course on Mozilla Education and Technologies @ Evry"(CoMETe) at the Université Evry-Val-d'Essonne in France.
- C.N. Ravi Kumar and Srirang Doddihal. Will be teaching a Mozilla course at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering in Bangalore, India.
- Fatma Elsayed Meawad. Teaching a Mozilla-related section of a course at the German University in Cairo in Cairo, Egypt.
- Greg Wilson. Computer science professor at the University of Toronto in Toronto ON, Canada. Has graduate students working on Thunderbird.
Other professors who we've contacted regarding teaching Mozilla-related courses or otherwise incorporating
- Jon Kvisli, Tor Lonnestad, and Tor-Arne Bellika. Working to coordinate the development of a Master's program in Free and Open Source Software at Telemark University College in Bø, Norway.
- Nenad Vukicevic. Father of Vladimir Vukicevic of Mozilla, and a professor in Serbia.
- Dr. A.K. Aggarwal. Director, School of Computer Science, University of Windsor in Windsor ON, interested in doing open source with students/faculty there.
- sid0 (core Thunderbird contributor, student at Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur) -- needs help getting his faculty to listen to him about getting students involved).
- Rob Cameron. Chair of the Comuter Science department at Simon Fraser University, taught Mozilla to students last winter, need to follow-up.
- Ignac Kolenko. Computer science professor at Conestoga College.
- Ralph Morelli (HFOSS, Trinity)
- Gordon Dunlop. Professor at the University of Abertay Dundee in Dundee, Scotland.
Other people with whom Dave has been in contact:
- Todd O'Bryan (IRC: toddobryan). High school teacher at duPont Manual High School in Louisville, Kentucky. He teaches computer science (HTML, Python, etc.) Dave was helping him find a home within Mozilla for his students, perhaps to work on a version of XULRunner/Prism that will allow teachers to give online tests securely (e.g., locked-down mode so you can't open tabs and such).
- Sung Kim. Professor at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Interested in doing work on Bugzilla analysis, looking at developer productivity.
- Alex Gartrell (IRC: agartrell) and Mark Hahnenberg. Students at Carnegie Mellon University working on Firefox startup profiling and removing code from Firefox respectively.
- Grad student at UMASS Amherst - (marxistvegan/stephenmahood) interested in Education and how we are approaching it.
- Guillermo López (willyaranda) and saloa (don't know his full name), Students working in Alicante, Spain.
- Gordon Hemsley (IRC: GPHemsley). Student working at University of Vermont, interested in linguistics and Mozilla, looking at Ubiquity, also working on bug triage and AMO reviews.
- Grad student working at University College London - charla, working on trust system for loading scripts in Firerfox.
- Students working at National University of Singapore with Gary Kwong - 4 in total, see http://garykwong.wordpress.com/2009/02/12/nus-student-projects-finalized/
- Students working at the Indian Institute of Technology (Madras and Kanpur) - SpellWeaver (working on an NTLM bug in Firefox), sid0 (working on various things in Thunderbird and Firefox), parotish0101 (Delhi college of engineering, delhi) working on a LIR compiler for SpiderMonkey with Jason Orendorff.
- Students currently working at Seneca College - 15 in total
|Andy Edmonds||David Boswell||Interested in interactions with academic research in HCI, etc.|
|Conrad Volle||Pascal Finette||Presented on open education at Open EverythingNYC 2009|
|Dr CN Ravi Kumar||Srirang Doddihal||Interested in introducing open source into SJCE curriculum|
|Didier Courtaud||Pascal Chevrel||Course on Mozilla Education and Technologies @ Evry|