Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Significant Contributions
- Thanks to Tareq who stepped up to take the challenge to implement a cross-locale working Menu class for Firefox UI tests (Bug 1121710)
- Need more "good first bugs" for a pilot project with PyLadies: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/ateam-curated-good-first-bugs
- Signing up for Monday project meeting lightning talks: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/ateam-lightning-talks
- Thanks Armen for the first sign-up!
- Windows testing backlogs:
Long story short: The Windows Buildbot masters need to be rebooted every 3 weeks instead of 6 weeks to not swap. The Buildbot-per-step lag which Kyle and Armen were reporting was a symptom of the Buildbot masters slowing down job execution. By Buildbot's design, when a machine finishes a step, it will wait for the master to define what the next step is. The more logs produce and machines connected to a master the worse the performance is and the faster the master gets to swap its memory.  The Windows masters got rebooted on Friday. So far, today there are no dramatic Windows testing backlogs (We had 6k per pool last week). Two more masters are being added. Code to track master lag landed to the output of the jobs and being reported to graphite. Investigation is on-going to detect this state sooner. There is also talk of switching the model of log parsing that Buildbot does to prevent parsing several MBs of logs but instead kylobytes. This is not an issue on TC due to its different architectural design.
- [mcote] What's the plan with the Quarter of Contribution? I got a direct email the other day; just want to know what the process is.
- Help people get started with good-first-bugs for the project. Based on their progress, mentors decide by Nov 18th whether these contributor(s) should work on the QoC project or other, smaller tasks.
- I want to enable automatic backfilling once we can determine current backlog load (do not backfill then).
- Instead of waiting until automatic *starring* to be available
Newsgroup and Blog Posts
- MozReview Toronto Work Week by dminor
- The new old Perfherder data model by wlach
- Firefox Automation report – Q3 2015 by whimboo (Finally)
- MozReview's Parental Issues by mcote
Please update https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16eSZlITqgjxkDZmrykfVJjU_OltSnvH090ULvSeMU6I/edit#gid=1272068002 with the status of your Q4 deliverables.
Please update our "weekly updates" doc with what you've been up to recently: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iWAybhvGqeq9JimW5Mb_k9OIkVUBCEXhHK5g6LGczMo/edit
Also see our Trello board
Other Project Updates
Holidays and Trips
- sydpolk missed 26-0ct through 30-Oct with emergency gall bladder surgery and recovery.