|Release target||Firefox 10|
|Status note||planning, requirements gathering|
|Product manager||Dan Mills|
|Directly Responsible Individual||Dietrich Ayala|
|Product marketing lead||`|
Jetpack performance and unit test results are unknown. Jetpack localization API is not implemented yet.
Stage 1: Definition
1. Feature overview
Ship the Identity features as a Jetpack-based add-on bundled with Firefox Nightly by the end of the year.
2. Users & use cases
This is an experimental approach to new feature development in the browser.
- Jetpack localization API
- Infrastructure for running unit tests bundled with add-ons
Integrate the Identity features in Firefox itself.
- Ship Jetpack runtime inside the Firefox core
- Ship the Identity features inside the Firefox core
Stage 2: Design
5. Functional specification
6. User experience design
Stage 3: Planning
7. Implementation plan
More detail once scope of work is determined, but this is the high-level plan:
- Acquire a project branch to work on
- Land the Identity add-on on the project branch, bundled as add-on with Firefox
- Determine the delta from a landable state with regard to Talos results and unit test failures
- Scope work required to get to landable state: File bugs, get estimates for them
- Re-evaluate feasibility
- Coordinate work between Identity, Firefox, Jetpack and Platform teams
Jetpack went through a security review prior to 1.0. Some of the core loader code has been rewritten, so it should be re-reviewed at least. The Identity add-on code itself will also need review.
Quality Assurance review
Stage 4: Development
Implementation details and status on individual tasks at http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/identity-fx.
Stage 5: Release
10. Landing criteria
|Theme / Goal||`|
Team status notes