The feed handling capabilities of Firefox 1.x are limited to locating feeds advertised by sites in <link> tags and offering to add them as "Live Bookmarks". This is useful to some but not all, as there are many other specialized RSS aggregators, client applications and web services. These are not served by this UI. Also, clicking on links to feeds on web pages usually results in garbage (raw, unstyled XML) being displayed.
Make it easy to subscribe to sites so that users can receive updates to them in their favorite reader. Ensure that clicking on links to feeds shows something meaningful.
2.0 User Interface Requirements
- Feed Handling/Type Determination
- Feed Handling/In Page Preview
- Feed Handling/Default Feed Reader
- Feed Handling/Determining The Handler
- Feed Handling/Web Handler Registration
This cluster of features is tracked in bugzilla through bug 325081
Extend this UI model to all files for which an automated download action is not configured. Include an "Open With..." context menu item on all file links.
- Feed Handling:Pretty Printing
- File Handling - long term overall architectural wishlist
- OBSOLETE Feed Handling:User Interface - User Interface design for proposed feature.