Firebug: Mozilla Wish List
Back to Firebug
Firebug is all JS/HTML/CSS/XUL. We don't write C++ code nor try to ship binary components. But some functions in debugging require C/C++ code. Here are some that can make a big difference.
- Enumerating and exploring closures. We don't even know how to start this.
- Enumerating and exploring setTimeout/setInterval.
- Being able to debug
- Events when JS is being compiled
- Ability to control the js call stack
- Allow creation of jsdscripts even when the line number is 0
- Error messages with line numbers; error messages with call stacks
- Separation of Error messages by nsIDOMWindow
- Better support for memory analysis
- Add source information about where a JS object was allocated in DumpHeapComplete
- User Agent Stylesheet access for chrome
- Update event listener events
http-on-modify-requestfor cached images
See also the whole list of platform issues related to Firebug.