« Firefox/Feature Brainstorming
- Web feeds
- Provide high level API for customizable internal Feed database (internal RDF is too restrictive)
- Mark entries as read
- Notification of feed update
- Set refresh rates per feed
- Set expiry options per feed
- Set notification options per feed
- Show # unread items in a feed
- Enhanced Feed Preview rendering
- Build Home Page from subscribed feeds
- Show feed entry summaries & content
- Remember 1..n system feed readers
- Enable a "River of News" feed viewing option
- The infoRSS or Sage extension is a good model for updated RSS handling
- Add Live Boomark directly from feed link
- Right mouse click onto link which points to a RSS feed shows "Add this link to LiveBookmarks"
- Add a tooltip containing the full feed title (useful for long titles which are trucated) .
- Ability to merge feeds together, interlacing their news items in a combined date order
There could be 2 parts to the internal RSS reader: a sidebar on the left and the main content area, but a better approch is to have a small, none intrusive GUI like infoRSS ticker extension
- Include the URL of the feed so it can be copied easily to the user's favorite RSS reader (the URL bar should also display the feed URL)
- Buttons for other available feeds such as an hCard feed, OPML feed, or whatever
- Calendar so you can select a day to see all items on that day
- Some way of selecting a date range that's not a blatant rip-off of Safari?
- Completely extendable: anyone can add their own way of rendering XML as simply as adding a search engine to the search box. That way Firefox can easily keep up with newer Microformats and such.
- List view and extended view, similar to Google Reader
- Allow user to choose between loading the item Description or the actual URL in the content pane.
or a scrolling ticker in the status bar like infoRSS extension.
- On Web Feeds
- TechCrunch article about IE7
- Google Reader
- RSS Feeds
Right-clicking on the RSS Feed icon should give you the following tasks:
- Copy RSS Feed URL
- Open with default RSS application (like FeedDeamon etc.)
- Open it with an RSS reader extension (like infoRSS etc.)
Default option-buzzer rings when new entry is available.