- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Handy local meeting time link
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- Last week was a great week, performance-wise.
- The URL bar merge caused a regression because of a CSS rule that wasn't specific enough, which made the back button enable / disable when tab closing. This got fixed in bug 916946.
- We were transitioning the opacity of tabs being closed even though they're not supposed to be visible in the first place. This got fixed in bug 919541
- We're going to try moving the linear-gradient texture from CSS into the stroke image, which should save us some time as well. This is in bug bug 921038.
- We're going to try switching our curve background drawing from clip-paths to SVG curves. Coupled with SVG caching (bug 764299), this has the potential to wipe out our Windows TART regressions. This is being investigated in bug 921051.
- We've begun re-orienting our investigations to OS X, since we're still regressing TART there a bit (~7% on 10.6).
- More details are in the weekly Australis Performance Report that mconley posted to firefox-dev.
- WIP patch awaiting Tim's feedback: bug 809056 - reduce thumbnailing impact when there are no thumbnail service consumers
- reopened: bug 880026 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_storage_migrate3.js | Test timed out | uncaught exception - ReferenceError: executeSoon is not defined
- landed: bug 920676 - Firefox Beta (25) release notes should not include "Blank or missing page thumbnails when opening a new tab"
- patched but still investigating orange: bug 909933 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_update.js | thumbnail is still green - Got 255,0,0, expected 0,255,0
- patch for review: Bug 917517 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background_crash.js | dumpID is present and not an empty string
- still awaiting Tim's review: bug 910036 - about:newtab shouldn't load thumbnails in background when hidden by preloader
- new, appears to be e10s problem: bug 921173 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background_crash.js | application timed out after 330 seconds with no output
- Remove synchronous startup code (bug 918024).
- Getting the crash monitor landed to get rid of saving state right after startup (bug 887780, bug 921581).
- Fix a rather rare regression for windows quickly opened at startup (bug 900910).
- Collecting data mostly in content scripts and make it work with e10s (bug 910646, bug 909048, bug 910668, bug 919835).
- Small regression when restarting in safe-mode (bug 919532).
- A couple of smaller issues fixed that were spotted lately (bug 921311, bug 921870, bug 921310).
- Started working on marionette tests to test our startup paths.
Places API asyncification
- focusing on bug fixes, australis patches
- will have socialapi session in brussels w/Christopher Arnold
- progressing on mdn documentation
- working on drafts for future of socialapi w/mconnor
- Content zoom work in progress: bug 691614
- SessionStore: e10s style sessionstore landed bug 894595 and wip for sessionstore using cpows bug 919835
- Browser-chrome tests: Passed: 3079 Failed: 240 Todo: 86
- Crashes: bug 920397
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)