- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Handy local meeting time link
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- TART performance
- We're bisecting UX like crazy. It's a little tricky because there seems to be some noise in the measurements as we go, and we're a little wary that the total regression is the sum of many small ones...but there is at least one changeset range where there's been a pretty substantial regression, and we're peeling into that.
- MattN has noted that, at least locally, SVG clip-paths are pretty expensive on his XP machine, and removing them saw a 12% performance improvement compared to having the clip-paths. We're going to pursue Graphics on the possibility of caching clip-paths in bug 914617.
- Vladan has found a solution to our XP pseudostack problem - one simply needs to copy a more recent version of dbghelp.dll (he tested with DLL version 188.8.131.523) into the firefox directory. Once we've confirmed on a few other machines, we'll update MDN (and possibly pursue getting that DLL put on all of the talos slaves)
- We fixed a bunch of P1 bugs and elevated some other bugs to P1. Net bug reduction!
- We struggled with broken tests/builds for half the week, hence a somewhat shabby list - now fixed though, and full steam ahead!
- Significant reduction in the Slow SQL queries since landed in Nightly
- Plan to remove the preference that disables the new code in Firefox for Desktop
- Active outreach to extension developers this week before the Aurora migration
- Planned API changes, and final review before the Aurora migration
- Feedback on known temporary regressions and also on positive additions
- Tremendous progress this week on 10 of 12 bugs tracking release
- The 2 remaining bugs are the DownloadTaskbar front-end and one minor regression to investigate
- Conversation with Sam Foster of the Metro Firefox team to evaluate switching to the new API
- Upcoming firefox-dev post
- addressed by patch in bug 906615 (below): bug 809051 - Limit how often we thumbnail the page using the foreground service
- landed: bug 875986 - BackgroundPageThumbs should be able to capture private thumbnails while private browsing is active
- landed: bug 909218 - Allow a docShell to have default load flags that will be applied to every request made from it.
- landed: bug 912763 - Disable background thumbnails on Beta
- landed: bug 910563 - gracefully handle remote process crashing
- landed: bug 906713 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background.js | Thumb browser should exist immediately after capture.
- landed: bug 903299 - Modal dialog / prompt failures when running browser_thumbnails_background.js
- should be fixed by bug 875986's landing: bug 899064 - Profiler won't turn on because it thinks I'm in private browsing mode [due to background thumbnails]
- new patch for review: bug 906615 - Background thumbnail service shouldn't overwrite existing thumbnails, or at least foreground thumbnails should be preferred
- waiting on review: bug 910036 - about:newtab shouldn't load thumbnails in background when hidden by preloader
- patch for review: bug 913171 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background.js | Captured URL should be currently expected URL
(Steven and I are unfortunately unable to attend the meeting today. Feel free to read this out loud or just read it on your own :)
- SessionStore is affected by a possible data loss due to ChromeWorkers being aborted on shutdown, patches under way to fix this (bug 913899).
- The recent session cookie refactorings introduced a regression for huge sessions with lots of (nested) history entries, patches waiting for review (bug 912717).
- Telemetry for TabStateCache landed (bug 896545) and shows that our cache hit rates are great.
- We're working on tests for the TabStateCache (bug 911115).
- Global Value API has been backed out to fix regressions before landing again (bug 899213).
- With nsIAppStartup.willRestart and .wasRestarted in the making (bug 911146) we will be able to get rid of some more ugly code (bug 914062).
- Missing tests are the last thing blocking us from landing the first async data collection patches (bug 894595).
Places API asyncification
- Raymond has posted most of the patches needed for the bookmarks backups improvements. Mak going to review them by the end of the week, then will go through the goal target and file any missing bugs to complete the project.
- Mano is working towards a solution to a problem with guids and the new async transactions, as well as on a regression fix due to recent related changes. Patches are in the bugs and Mak going to review them.
- Mak currently working on regression fixes for issues introduced by automatic batches in Places views.
- last big feature patches landed
- pref on blocked by e10s issues
- looking at austrails
- spending week tracking down any issues that should be tweaked before uplift
- next week in SF
- As promised, top tech trends in Thailand
- Note: this is pretty initial stuff, we have a work week in Portland in a couple of weeks to hash more stuff out
- App Manager dev tool
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)