Actions from last meeting
General Topics / Roundtable
(tips/tricks/FYI, productivity improvements, industry news)
- Switched to eslint 2 so you may need to run: mach eslint --setup
- Intent to unship: add-on compatibility check in application update
- Late notice from last meeting: if you need to set prefs from the content process, you can use AsyncPrefs.jsm:
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1252855 - https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/toolkit/modules/AsyncPrefs.jsm
- Uses a list of "allowed" prefs to avoid content process sandbox escapes, to which you'll likely need to add your pref.
- Collapse diffs in MozReview
Friends of the Firefox team
(Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Introductions)
- Johann Hofmann
- Tim Chien - [:timdream] - Visiting from Taipei
- Katie Broida
- Resolved bugs (excluding employees): http://mzl.la/1NlXevj
- More than one bug fixed:
- http://arewewebextensionsyet.com/ says "Yes, I think we are". So that's good.
- Thank you so so so so so so much for working on tests. The whole e10s team is indebted to you all.
- Making good progress on performance issues. tpaint regression is mostly under threshold now. Still room and ideas for improvement there. tps is where effort is being shifted to now.
- A team of folks under jimm and kanru are working on improving stability. We're waiting on beta experiment data to determine if it's having the desired effect.
- e10s: Now enabled on nightly & aurora. One main issue left that Hello team is fixing (bug 1257243), one Firefox issue (bug 1257790)
- e10s: Would like some help with bug 1262560 Investigate turning on em:multiprocessCompatible for Hello
- When we turn this on, various mochitest test runs start leaking. Removing all of the add-on core code doesn't resolve the issue.
- We're thinking about error catching/reporting in tests and at runtime
- Another substantial round of product changes in progress
- desktop Firefox no longer uses an about:certerror page. about:neterror will now be displayed in those cases where about:certerror would have been used in the past (the style differences have been carried over)
Quality of Experience
- E10S test fixes!
- QX/onboarding work...
- bug 1219810 - improve bookmarking
- bug 1017919 - preserve addons after a profile refresh
- bug 1160424 - UI notification for missing system codecs (EME/Widevine CDM)
- bug 1151449 - curly quotes!
- actually bug 1259859 is where the big batch of changes and new test were added
- New awesomebar results UI in Nightly.
- Putting together a telemetry experiment report from unified-search to discuss in the team meeting tomorrow.