- 1 Details
- 2 Round Table
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Stand ups
- 5 UX Updates
- 6 Decisions needed/Action items
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- [gavin] Potential fx-team work week update
- [gavin] Discussion of Australis tab approaches and making a decision
- [jaws] Bug triage update. Will be scheduling a EU-time triage and later a PST-time triage
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- [jaws] I have an update but will need to write it later.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- filed a bunch of main thread IO bugs
- then went back and realized I'd made a mistake about the main-thread impact of NetUtil.asyncCopy
- landed a bunch of small removal patches: bug 862186, bug 703377, bug 862152
- fixed a beta regression: bug 851630
- bug 748894 - Move the bookmark star button outside of the location bar - Got review, some details to finish yet, trying to land before end of the week
- bug 789348 - make about:home not use localStorage - Splitted 2 blockers
- bug 834545 - Add new async removePlaces API in mozIAsyncHistory - Started API designing part, in the meanwhile finalized GetPlacesInfo API with Mano
- bug 851519 - Keyboard commands may apply to the wrong downloads panel entry - Ready to land, should backport
- First Async & Responsive meeting, Yoric manages the team (https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Async-Responsive)
- Collected and reordered feedback on downloads panel for a Phase 2, meeting this week? (WIP https://etherpad.mozilla.org/downloads-panel-phase-2)
- Triaged some recently filed Places bugs
- Reviews: bug 830492, bug 834539, bug 855190, bug 855842
- Send mail to organize downloads panel phase 2 meeting, Wed or Thu?
- Polish and land star button
- Get accepted solutions for about:home indexedDB blockers
- Get first working patch for RemovePlaces API
- Finished the work on the hotfix to change update interval
- Working on the AddonRepository.jsm SQLite -> Json replacement
- Some meetings about e10s and context setting, looked at bugs to build a list of work to do
- Met with brazilian community for FISL 2013 planning
- Review for Stephen Pohl and some WIP review for Shane
- Firefox triage
- Guiding various students who are writing their drafts for GSoC proposal
- Working on blog post about GSoC
- bug 834539 - GetPlacesInfo API, mostly done.
- Started working on Neil's password manager patch (bug 853549).
- Still need to discuss solution for migration shared-component with Benjamin (bug 848533).
- bug 748894 - Move the bookmark star button outside of the location bar.
- bug 846635 - Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI
- bug 852034 - Replace restoreBookmarksFromJSONFile with importFromFile
- bug 851519 - Keyboard commands may apply to the wrong downloads panel entry
- bug 852041 - Apply use of BookmarkJSONUtils.exportToFile
- Worked on and investigated a couple of sessionstore regressions.
- Wrote a patch to include a secret Google API key at build time (GeoLocation etc).
- Investigated a regression caused by the BC/IonMonkey merge.
- Started to work on a couple of e10s patches, taking parts from the original patch by int3.
- Talked to Avih about plans to tackle tabopen animation further.
- Met with Yoric and talked about how to improve thumbnailing.
- Organized de:hacking meetup and JSDay attendance.
- Lots of reviews and more to come.
- bug 841495 - implement background tab thumbnailing service
- posted new patch for review, waiting on Josh's thoughts on a second patch
- bug 856270 - Update nsEditorSpellCheck to use nsIContentPrefService2
- working on fixing tryserver failures, tricky
- bug 806046 - Intermittent browser_bug719271.js | Test timed out, | Found a tab x2
- bug 436801 - XHTML not properly supported in Feed titles
- Mini team workweek, yay!
- Filed some mixed content blocking bugs
- So. Many. Meetings.
- Hacking in Mountain View!
- We hit kinda M2 for Customization (still a few missing widgets, still waiting on Bookmarks change to land in m-c). Quite a few improvements have landed in UX
- Subviews are more reliable now
- More prettiness / smoothness
- Customizable areas are more reliable too
- MacBook drive died. :/
- Did some triage last week
- Got a new drive for my MacBook, restored from CrashPlan. Amazingly, it worked! Back up (pun intended) and running.
- Working with MattN, dao and avih trying to move bug 813786 forward. Milestone 2 for tabs is tomorrow, and we'd like to get that one resolved.
- Tackling bug 685059 and bug 857088 for curvy tabs M2
- Starting to piece together plan for user migration for customization (see bug 860814). Meeting with jaws (and maybe Unfocused) after this meeting.
- bug 748894
- Decision on Character Encoding subview for panel
- Unofficial workweek (yay!)
- promised to work on NodeJS connect module for Personas (spare-time project)
- bug 738818 landed on m-c! (thanks Gavin)
- bug 819493 landed on m-c! (thanks again, Gavin :P)
- bug 712514 on hold until the AMO team resolves bug 859516; Autocomplete search in Add-ons Manager
- worked on https://github.com/mikedeboer/mozAsync, port of a VERY popular NodeJS library and included Unit Testing framework. More info soon! (spare-time project)
- bug 860560, a follow-up from bug 738818
- Wade through MattN's Australis dashboard and pick up bugs from there.
- send mail to firefox-dev about mozAsync
- Landed bug 851702, bug 851701, bug 860033 (remove block image/js prefs from UI + associated refactor)
- Landed bug 125082 (native anon content in DOMI) and did a WIP patch for bug 777674 (XBL/anon content in devtools)
- Patched bug 851009 (australis tab highlights (waiting for ui-review + review from MattN))
- Looked into bug 853415 (australis tab issues because of customization when opening about:addons), bug 853415 (australis tab issues on windows)
- Discussions about Fx reset, tiny bit of work on keeping tabs for a reset (bug 833943)
- WIP Patch for bug 726240 (Use HTML for video controls), going faster now that anon content shows up in devtools inspector, would be still faster if I can get the style panel working)
- Got review for bug 763890 (using separate folders for profile reset work) looking into doing a test for profile reset, is harder than I thought, will ask bsmedberg this morning, if it's hard I may land without starting to write tests)
- Worked on bug 845555 (HTML5 video statistics completely broken on nightly and aurora, half-broken on beta) - but got feedback from bholley and jaws this morning and should re-do the patch there to be less stupid.
- Australis follow-ups
- Measured perf of LWT patch
- Discussed next steps and Q2 goals for Firefox Reset with Gijs and Dolske
- Hotfix discussion with Felipe
- Getting others started with Australis patches
- GSOC Emails
- Finalize LWT
- More Australis follow-ups
This past week
- Did a small work week in Mountain View
- Landed the history subview for the Australis menu panel (bug 855803)
- Landed bug 861087 to resize subviews when they are fully expanded
- Fixed bug 859576 for some jar.mn cleanup
- Organized a bug triage where we closed 70 bugs!!!
- Started fixing bug 853972 so clicking on a desktop notification will take you to the originating tab.
- Start working on migration for Australis customization
- Scheduling a triage for this Friday, with a EU-centered time
- telemetry, social marks and share
- investigate async annotations before review on marks
- hope to be review ready on share early next week
- mockup of share ui
- rev-6 of the design spec: http://people.mozilla.com/~lco/CtP/current/
- proposal for multiple plugins: (image was blocked by our spam filter... grr... it's in the design spec though)
- still stuck on strings, as usual (Allow Now = allow short term; Add Exception = allow long term)
- Mixed content is turned on on FF23! (Johnath said he would get a tattoo when this landed...)
- Tanvi's blog post: https://blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2013/04/10/mixed-content-blocking-enabled-in-firefox-23/
- Now need to figure out the remaining UI work that we deferred from v1
- working on a framework for a set of features that the UX team wants to explore. "Task Continuity" is a terrible name for it. More in a couple of weeks :D