- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Major Topics for This Week
- High-level project overview
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- past week:
- looked into telemetry-on-by-default patch before passing off to marco
- filed a few bugs:
- triaged a bunch of Social API bugs
- social API press briefings
- some HR-ey stuff
- spoke to madhava about bug 756881 (tab thumbnails are often blank)
- next week:
- figure out a plan for bug 756881
- continued focus on social: multi-provider
- potentially a couple more press things
- blocked: N/A
- Discuss download architecture improvements
- Create skeleton of download components
- bug 700250: Deprecate synchronous methods to add a visit
- Downloads Panel
- Bunch of reviews
- Triaged bugs, identified blockers
- Discussed interaction, UI directions, release plan
- Telemetry by default
- Synced up with current status
- First pass reviews
- Per-window Private browsing
- Reviewed history changes
- Reviewed downloads changes
- Fixed history regression making hard to remove entries from locationbar (bug 773982)
- Downloads Panel
- Try having a complete version soonish, in the 20 cycle
- Telemetry by default
- Final reviews, try to complete by end of the week
- bug 791447 needs urgent attention, offer to steal it
- Review bug 699859 - Async contentprefs
- Downloads panel
- bisected a hang with a sessionstore.js file from Taras (happens when a file generated on 19 is used on 17) - it has something to do with different input/output stream codification, but
- various SocialAPI bug activity and reviews
- Landed bug 803255 (Document leaks when navigated away on a closed sidebar) and removed from m-c the workaround that was used to avoid this bug
- Investigated bug 799433 (removal of PageThumbsCache causes about:newtab to never finish loading with some specific STR)
- Patched bug 813316 (blank menu entry on Social menu on OSX)
- Continue investigating bug 799433
- Work on 811247 - create only one instance of each social notification panel
- B2G :) :| :/
- Working with recruiting on filling 3 open positions.
- 1:1s, HR stuff, visa paperwork, oh my.
- Organizing some thoughts, info, etc on the topic of HTML vs XUL/XBL.
- Intern project planning
- Fixed a slew of Downloads Panel blockers
- The Downloads Panel is going to be kept enabled on Aurora 19 to gather feedback. Targeting for release in the 20 cycle.
- Deal with / shepherd the few remaining blockers left - here's the list: bug 747422
- Start helping MattN on a few tab bugs.
- Downloads panel is still waiting on a few UX things (icons, one or two decisions)
- Customizable UI
- New patches up in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=770135
- Try build at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iterating on panel design: http://cl.ly/image/3g3s46063B1O
- Start of customization mode: http://prntscr.com/jr5mr (warning: fugly)
- NOT included in above Try build/patches.
- Still very early for this - it's currently non-interactive.
- Got invited to 7am meeting http://imgur.com/Cxagv
- Customizable UI
- Implement proposed changes to panel
- Continue hacking on new customization mode
- Catch up on some Add-ons Manager stuff
- Waiting on feedback from bsmedberg on bug 793093 (low-priority)
- WebApp bug I encountered - bug 744867
- Australis Tabs
- v.2 - v.2.2 patches uploaded - bug 738491
- Pushed to UX (Windows only) - https://people.mozilla.com/~jwein/ux-nightly/
- Blogged: http://matthew.noorenberghe.com/blog/2012/11/australis-tabs-where-are-you
- Sent info to Taras to get a head start on Australis perf - taras, bz & bas has started profiling
- My first time interviewing someone
- Australis tabs
- file follow-up bugs currently tracked in https://firefox-ux.etherpad.mozilla.org/AustralisTabs
- address Dao's review comments
- ui-review from shorlander on bug 738491
- Landed: Removed duplicate Social API menuitems bug 805217, added back the Error Console menuitem bug 798925, focusing chatbar focuses incorrect chat bug 808501, Social API panels should open towards the center of the browser bug 807422, Duplicate Tools > Social Provider ambient-menuitems are not removed bug 810419
- Reviewed: Social API patches (bug 805537, bug 811143, bug 808235, bug 813316), Firefox health report patch (bug 809094, and click to play bugs (bug 812562)
- Filed: bug 810702, bug 810728, bug 811080, bug 811112, bug 811169, bug 811210, bug 811481, bug 811643, bug 811913, bug 812738, bug 813383
- Blogged: Status Update 8 of Reader Mode for desktop Firefox, https://msujaws.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/status-update-8-of-reader-mode-for-desktop-firefox/
- Moving to Michigan to begin working remotely (Tuesday)
- Going to work on fixing the Social API toolbar buttons to work properly in Icons & Text mode as well as Text mode. Also hope to spend some time looking into switching these buttons to use the more proper xul:toolbarbutton and remove many of the hacks that have been put in place.
- Meet with the MSU students working on the Reader Mode project and fix the HG issue that they have been running in to (changes not included in their patch).
- Mac Mini is being shipped through the post, so I may be a little slow testing on Mac in the interim.
- who works on Firefox Desktop: Madhava (various), Stephen (visual design), Zhenshuo (Australis, Account), Larissa (Privacy & Security), Boriss (Newtab, WebRTC, SocialAPI), Blake (prototyping)
Decisions needed/Action items
- shorlander to provide UX feedback on Download/Australis bugs
- gavin to schedule meeting early next week for Social multi-provider support