- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Decisions needed/Action items
- 5 Stand ups
- 6 UX Updates
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
Decisions needed/Action items
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
- Mostly reviews
- Bring reviews queue to a manageable size
- Tracked regression bug 874407 - new history displays incorrectly in Library window/sidebar
- Re-prioritized bug 769348 - URLs auto-completed in address bar might use unexpected url prefix
- other pending patches if time allows
- (copied from http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/weekly-updates.fcgi/user/felipe)
- bug 853389 - AddonRepository - implementing Blair's feedback
- bug 875463 - Implemented --run-until-failure option for mochitests
- bug 666809 - started reviewing SecurityUI for e10s
- bug 812573 - with the hotfix deployed it looks like we're seeing -20% people stuck on versions 10-16
- Backed out sessionstore changes because of add-on compatibility.
- Prototype for using speculative connect when restoring a session (bug 874533).
- Worked on reflow observers for docShells (bug 453650).
- Working on getting rid of an uninterruptible reflow in adjustTabstrip() when opening tabs (bug 876374).
- Improved tabopen animation by delaying pre-rendering of next newtab page (bug 875509).
- Eliminated reflow after swapping in preloaded newtab page (bug 875257).
- Still trying to enable about:newtab preloading by default (bug 794041).
A little more on e10s form/autocomplete.
Started looking into background thumbnail service stuff. Learnt lots, solved nothing :)
Put together a relatively complex patch so console and standard handles work as expected in child processes.
- bug 874051 - Fixing a11y test failures on UX
- bug 874601 - Social API test failures (test finnickiness also fixed on m-c!)
- bug 874448 - OS X dropmarkers
- bug 875163 - new icons hugeness on OS X hidpi
- bug 873518 - removing throbber (activity indicator) and individual cut/copy/paste buttons, plus a sneaky off-by-one error in customize mode
- bug 823237 - new tab button paths fixing tab close overflow cases
- bug 857886 - tab image updates for OS X hidpi
- bug 874819 seems to have gone away after a merge; this means we now have green UX trees apart from the jetpack tests. Thanks to mconley and everyone else who helped fix this. If anyone breaks tests and introduces more orange, I will personally come and find you. :-)
(the jetpack tests depend on some SDK work as well as decisions regarding the addon bar, probably followed by more SDK work. I may help out with that if I have cycles within M6 still)
- bug 872455 - Fixed some Social button weirdness, backported to Aurora
- bug 865806 - Backed out, relanded with my crashfix to avert Aurora nightly crashiness
- bug 870849 - (windows-only gap between titlebar and tabstrip; need to address Dao's review comments)
- bug 873501 - make the customization code spacer/spring-proof
- bug 870014 - address the issues mconley identified
I also need to organize one of my mentored bugs now that Matt has cleared one up so they can work on that one.
- various intermittent test failure work
- investigation on improvements for webrtc apps/talkilla
- UX discussion on next steps for Boriss' New Tab page design
- New Tab tracking page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Features/New_Tab_Page_v2
- our intern, Jack is going to be building an addon prototype of the basic framework for us to play with internally (and for whoever wants to try it)
- at the same time, we're also in the process of coming up with concepts to show to users
- "Task Continuity"
- Brief summary + help us find a codename! - https://firefox-ux.etherpad.mozilla.org/TC-codename
- will be scheduling presentations soon...