- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- Tracking bugs for Firefox releases as a way to signal that a bug should be prioritized for that release.
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- billm for fixing error reporting in bug 899812. <3 (ttaubert)
- A belated thank you to Gijs for taking a 1 hour train to show a stranded UX designer around Amsterdam! (We were even wearing the same shirt. how nerdy is that? http://cl.ly/image/2d03450z0p2O)
- mconley continues to hound ibarlow for a badge icon...
- Matt, Jared, Gijs and Mike Conley continue to hammer on performance. We're *so close*. ~3.2% tpaint and 1.5-3% ts_paint regressions for XP
- Mike de Boer's been dropping an elbow on P1 and P2 bugs
- Marco finished the initial styling work on the Bookmarks widget
- Can be activated in Nightly and Aurora using the
- More details in the mozilla.dev.extensions and mozilla.dev.platform post
- Working on remaining blocking features before switching the preference
- Steven restored important telemetry measurements that got lost when moving the I/O code to a worker.
- Steven posted a patch to open multiple tabs at once to speed up session restore at startup, landed patch for telemetry.
- David is working on improving sessionstore communication, removing private tabs from the state.
- Work on e10s in continuing, blocked by rewriting the current cookie collection methods.
- We landed a patch that fixes blank new windows and prevents about:home from loading when we restore a session (bug 893061).
- Landed two patches that remove a whole chunk of sessionstore code \o/ (bug 898755 and bug 898775).
Places API asyncification
- making progress on patches for Fx26. Fx25 skipped (was unrealistic)
- shane in SF for W3C Social Workshop
- bug 617804 SetStatus landed (link hover support)
- bug 897066 switch browser remote/non-remote landed
- bug 899222 about:home in child process getting close
- bug 516753 nsContextMenu patch using CPOWs
- Ethnographic user research trip in Southeast Asia
- 8/18 - 8/28 in Thailand (Bangkok & Chiang Mai) with Gemma, Larissa, Zhenshuo, and Yuan
- 9/3 - 9/12 in Indonesia (Jakarta & Bandung) with Bill, Gavin, Holly, Bram
- We're recruiting 6 participants in each city for a total of 24 participants
- We'll be doing 2-hr home/office visits, and the participants will also be completing a diary study prior to the interviews
- More traveling coming up :(
- In Bangkok and Chiang Mai from 8/17 - 8/26 for user research
- In Toronto 8/26 - 8/30
- Getting ready to post an updated proposal to firefox-dev about notification doorhangers for CtP and Mixed Content
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)