« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Firefox Releases
- blocker list set
- builds expected to start soon-ish
- still a few blockers left to go, some will be landed today during BlackHat
- builds expected to start today
- QA to start Thursday afternoon
- release targeted at Monday, August 3rd
- code freeze today or tomorrow
- Alpha builds this Friday or early next week
- Maemo Beta 3 / Windows Mobile Alpha 3 release late next week
- likely will be doing this off of mozilla-central, just before the mozilla-1.9.2 branch
- looks like we'll need to do another beta a week or so after this to pick up localization
- Flash Security message up on SUMO, waiting for Adobe to push a fix.
- We'd like to link to this extension to help users who are confused by the new UI. Fast review?
- code freeze
- major features
- startup time project
- windows 7 readiness
- roadmap, sigh
Moving new locales out of beta inbetween minor releases OK with delivery.
- testing criteria need to be better defined
Targeting a localized beta milestone for maemo fennec post 1.9.2 branching
- string freeze coming shortly after Fennec B3/1.9.2 branch
- mozilla1.9.2 will be affected on all strings but browser, basically
- String changes to toolkit etc on 1.9.2 need to be coordinated with fennec release timeline
- Messaging on Axel
- Tested 3.0.12/3.5.1 fake builds with new signing process tested. OK.
- Prepared for 3.0.13/3.5.2
- Upcoming: Test scripting with Mozmill 1.2 - Friday, August 7.
- Previous: Testing AMO 5.0.8! - Fri, July 24
- Had a max of 28 in the testday channel at its peak
- Major contributors outside mozQA: tmyoung, kbrosnan, ddelony, TMZ, Tanner, gaby2300, fcp, Milos
- Top Bug Finder: tmyoung with 7 bugs filed
- 23 bugs filed (1 blocker, 1 critical, 1 major)
- Test Wiki created Mobile/QA/Tegra
- Coordinating test efforts with nvidia india team (performance testing, plugin testing).
- Large patches (iframe scrolling, tile caching) coming in this week and next under test
- Getting Maemo automation back online as some jit fixes landed
- Progress towards unittests on windows mobile (setback with crashes)
- Test plan updated: QA/Fennec1.0/TestPlan
- New signing machine in production yesterday
- new hardware, parallel scripts
- clock-time reduced from 8-9 hours down to 15-20mins.
- send beer to catlee
- Waiting for "go" on builds
- Setting up mozilla-192 branch
- aiming for 7aug, unless 3.6a1 plans change
- Started setting up fennec l10n infrastructure
- unlikely to have in place for next week, sounds like ok to go with en-US only if needed
- Mac OSX users: 25% ppc vs 75% intel, keep an eye on this for future 10.6 discussions
- Jetpack Q3 Roadmap created
- AMO 5.0.8 released this week- updated tracking for contributions and new user profile pages
- AMO 5.0.9 is new search engine and Collections phase 2 with add-on recommendations
- Working on enhanced localization for non english markets to provide a truly local experience for AMO regardless of market.
- First pass of add-on verification tool up in preview, will launch next Thursday spec
- Please make sure to send notes about new features
- First person: onhashchangeevent from Justin Lebar
- URL for the 3.6 page: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Firefox_3.6_for_developers
- If something needs to be documented please use the dev-doc-needed keyword in bugzilla to get sheppy's attention.
- Sheppy has outlined how this works here: http://www.bitstampede.com/2009/07/29/the-key-to-getting-developer-docs-updated/
- users upgrading from 3.x -> 3.5.1 will see a more "noisy" whatsnew page than usual so that we can show off our new features to people coming along from Major Update
- morgamic is also looking at bug 391433 in order to help secure people with older plugin versions
- Adobe is providing a PFS-friendly Flash installer, probably tomorrow, and is working with morgamic to get PFS updated so that a missing Flash will make the installation experience seamless (on Windows)