« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
Firefox 3.0.16 / Firefox 3.5.6
- a couple respins down, QA is currently testing
- should still be on track for shipping in mid-December
Firefox 3.0.17 / Firefox 3.5.7
- proposed schedule on the wiki
- already some feedback to include, but mostly thumbs up so far
- if you have feedback, please let ss know
Firefox 3.6 Beta
- 500k ADUs total, 350k are on beta 4
- update yours, today!
Firefox 3.6 RC
- closing rapidly on blockers
- long poles will be a Fennec font/kerning bug and JS fixes
- expect to go to build late this week, deliver to beta users next week
- working on tracking how 3rd party software is affected by the component directory lockdown, so far the only outstanding action is with Google Desktop to understand the effect on users
Fennec 1.0x Maemo RC
- slushy code freeze since yesterday
- qa will start at the end of this week
- now have maemo nightly updates repository
Fennec 1.0x WinMo Alpha
- coming up on code freeze with 4 blockers left
- weave beta 3 expected this week.
- personas compatibility with 3.6
- personas extension 1.5RC1 released last Wednesday; feedback positive and release expected by end of week
- getpersonas.com 2.0 now localizeable; hand off to QA on 12/3
- common issues
- Keeping an eye on likely traffic increase as a result of 3.5.5 MUP and tracking common issues from it.
Firefox 3.6 / mozilla-1.9.2
- unsurprisingly the focus is on blockers
- gavin helped cut through the approval1.9.2 queue, it's going to get driven to zero
- trees are restricted to blocker work only at the moment
future / mozilla-central
- a ton of work underway for when the tree re-opens:
- out of process plugins (preffed off at first, but close!)
- WebGL (preffed off at first, but close!)
- tab matches in awesomebar
- removing I/O from main thread for responsiveness
- Vlad's got Firefox building on Android, next step is to having it running and painting to the window, see the Android project wiki.
More details available in the platform meeting notes.
- Fx 3.6
- Fx3.6b4 last week; preparing for b5, RC
- Henrik, Tony have been working on dll blocklisting testing
- Ongoing crashkill work
- Working on testing MUs to 3.6
- Weave Beta Testday - Friday, Dec 4
- Updated Smoketest for upcoming Maemo RC
- Release Test Plans are up
- Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 testing for release last week.
- Bug verification
- Running nightly builds and reporting bugs.
- Working on being able to run talos and unit tests on release builds
- Problems in the colo last night
- 3.5.6 build 3 updates out on test channels now
- 3.0.16 builds coming soon
- Firefox 3.6 compatibility at 59%
- Continuing to work directly with popular add-ons like Cooliris, Java Console, Flash installer, Greasemonkey
- Nick updating recommended list this week, and 3.6 compatibility is a requirement
- AMO 5.4 launching next Tuesday
- Add-on-Con is next Friday! Let fligtar know if you'd like to go. We also have a meetup the night before at Mozilla HQ.
- Extend Firefox winners announced!
- Rolling out features on hacks, promoting new capabilities.
- More coming next week.
- mozilla.com basically ready to go - still need to make a few tweaks to some marketing language, but it will be ready whenever 3.6 is.
- have run into some implementation challenges in getting the open version of Meta on the First Run/What's New pages - will be fine for launch, but will be working with Blizzard & team to see how we can smooth out these issues going forward. (such as implementation an open font across all of mozilla.com, for example)
- EU PR briefings underway
- US PR briefings getting scheduled
- Reviewer's Guide finalized and l10n in progress
- Plugin Page
- Holding steady at 43K pv/day & Will launch plugin dynamic buttons for next week.(https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/#)
- Major update "billboards" for the Manual Check for Unprompted Major Update (MCFUMU)
- filed as bug 532540