« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 4 (Desktop)
Firefox 4 (Mobile)
- Released build #2 of 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 today to beta audience, with a fix for bug 614565
- Still plan to release on December 9th
- Draft schedule for 3.6.14 and 3.5.17 will come next week
Add-on Builder 1.0a7
- Shipped Add-on Builder on new AMO infra (yay! - completed AMO goal in the process)
- New staging and unit test framework now active.
- 1.0a7 is under development and on track
- Started initial thinking on which release should qualify as beta, best case looking like 1.0a8 - likely will contain the Skywriter/Cloud9 merge.
- Release Date: 12/9
- Features: Suggestions, Siphon by Device Types (for mobile), Better search on past releases, users can type characters past the max limit (but not submit)
- Starting development work on 3.0 and targeting code freeze for end of December (with release in early January).
- prototypes for the new. If you have feedback or questions either of those two, feel free to e-mail me or head over to #input on irc.mozilla.org
Jetpack SDK 0.10
- blockers resolved
- Add-on SDK 1.0b1 RC1 today
- Add-on SDK 1.0b1 final Monday, December 6?
- 1.0b1 is not a feature-complete beta, as we intend to enhance existing APIs and add new APIs in future beta releases
- but it is a feature-stable beta, which means that we don't expect to make any breaking changes to the existing APIs in subsequent betas
- and the bar for making such changes will be very high (i.e. we'll have to have a very good reason to break any APIs we ship in 1.0b1)
Highlights / Notices
- Weekly Feedback Report
- Same issues as last week, but in general, less complaints (probably due to thanksgiving?).
|Flash has artifacts that overlay chrome (Flash-related)||6||110||bug 590568|
|Status Bar Removal||300+ (includes many other threads)||542||bug 574688|
|Tuenti.com--Pages Don't load (Compartments?)||428||bug 601803|
|[Cannot Reproduce] Vkontakte Page constantly reloads and HTML5 Video isn't running||83|
|Users who want to disable Panorama||30|
|Refresh/reload button moved||15||314+216|
- SUMO 2.3 launched so the site looks TOTALLY different. Check it out: http://support.mozilla.com . We're patching some small issues and adding Firefox 4 documentation today