Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Release (3.6, 7)
- 3.6.24 went out to beta yesterday
- Still plan to ship on November 8th
- Have a RC build
- Likely going to rebuild for some cert stuff, will hopefully know today
- Really need to publicize a RC so that add-ons are updated (typically get about 5% bump)
- Sign-off meeting will be tomorrow, alex will send details
- Expecting the go to build off of mozilla-release tomorrow or friday
- Not ideal, but we need to see how this cert stuff plays out
- RelEng needs signed-off copies of shipped-locales, l10n-changesets from l10n/release-drivers before starting 8.0 final builds.
- Migration day is 1 week away
- Migration day is 1 week away
Trending ratings from users:
- In the last 30 days, users have posted 1,692 reviews on the Android market for v7, the averaged ratings are down two-tenths of a point to 3.7 stars compared to the 3.9 stars averaged in 1,993 reviews posted during the first two weeks of the v7 release. On Input, 79% of feedback is praise for v7 in the last 30 days.
- In the last 30 days, users have posted 260 reviews on the Android market for Beta v8, the averaged ratings are up one-tenth of a point to 3.9 stars compared to the 3.8 stars averaged in the 158 reviews posted during the first two weeks of the v8 beta. On Input, 52% of feedback is praise for v8 in the last 30 days.
- Firefox 10:
- Improving Sync Set Up - In final QA targeting Fx10 Aurora merge next week.
- Firefox 11+:
- Push to Device - In development. You can play with an add-on here.
- Addon Sync - In development.
- Fennec Java porting for Sync scoping continues
- Release going out today @ 2pm
- Q4 goals on-track (Jinja integration goal headed for early finish)
- Mid-Q1 2012 public release of Builder is on-track - started assembling a master list of to-dos for our v1.0, will bug'em out over the next few weeks.
Release (1.2.1 -> Firefox 7, 8)
- 1.2.1 out for two weeks, ready for Fx 8!
Stabilization (1.3 -> Firefox 8, 9)
- Released 1.3beta2 yesterday
- On track for Nov 29th release
- Cherry-picking small, stable changes
Development (1.4 -> Firefox 9, 10)
- Big changes made to our loader code
- Preliminary support for e10s
- much more, ask us!
- On track to merge to Stabilization on Nov 29th
- Nothing major new.
- Support is having a SUMO day for answering (and looking through) user support questions. We'll be around to help you use the site Check it out!
UX & User Research
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
Questions, Comments, FYI
- (self pimping) Christian wrote a tool to scrape input.mozilla.org and make CSVs
- Please play around with it, lots of insights to be gleaned there, like a "quality index" (feedback ratio for Firefox 7beta/7/7.0.1)
- Related: input.mozilla.org now supports OR queries ("hang | freeze")
- Has a decision been made on the possible respin for 8 (LegNeato answered this, decision by eod--depends on the security and cert team)
Actions this week
- Blizzard/Juan to come back on compat issues in Firefox 10 from UA version scraping