Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 2.1 Firefox Desktop
- 2.2 Firefox Metro
- 2.3 Firefox Mobile
- 2.4 Services
- 2.5 Add-on SDK
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
- Re: "John J to find out which browser(s) will be distributed with Ubuntu Mobile"
- "Ubuntu will include both the Chromium and Firefox browsers, ensuring a first-class and competitive web browser experience as well as first class web and HTML5 applications".
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 19.0.1 win8 only is being released today
- FF20.0b2 went to build yesterday, shipping tomorrow
- unthrottled updates last Friday, all good
- Project story points completed to date: 62.
- Project stories completed to date: 11.
- Story Backlog: 26 stories ready for upcoming iterations.
- Legacy Backlog: 4 stories remaining for QA testing.
- On Hold Backlog: 14 stories remaining for Product Manager clarification before being moved into Story Backlog.
- Triage Backlog: 28 items for Product Manager to review before being converted to defects, changes or work.
- Planning Backlog: 35 stories for Team to review, relate to work items and assign point values.
Iteration #2 - Completed
- Completed Iteration Backlog: Firefox Metro Iteration #2: February 07, 2013 - February 21, 2013
- Total value of iteration story points committed to: 110
- Total value of iteration story points completed: 32
- Total number of iteration stories committed to: 14
- Total number of iteration stories completed: 6
- Total number of epics completed: 1
- Number of new Change Stories: 4
- Number of new Defect Stories: 4
- Team velocity: 32
Iteration #3 - Started
- Iteration Backlog: Firefox Metro Iteration #3: February 26, 2013 - March 11, 2013
- At Start: iteration included 34 points over 8 stories.
- Progress To Date:
- 8 points completed over 4 stories.
- 26 new points added over 2 stories.
- As Of Today: iteration includes 61 points over 10 stories.
Blog shout out: http://planet.firefox.com/mobile/
- Awesome job getting Beta 1 out the door with as much of the DB locking patches in as possible: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/20/Beta/1
- DB locking related patches (retry, log, and squash): bug 843029, bug 843361, bug 732902, bug 836924
- We could use as many hands with Jelly Bean Devices in them to try to repro upon updating from Fx19 Beta: bug 791958 - android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseLockedException: database is locked (code 5): , while compiling: PRAGMA journal_mode at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativePrepareStatement(Native Method) on JB
- We are getting quite a bit of feedback regarding the removal of the the 'Quit' menu item, a rel note is being posted, the QuitNow add-on is quite useful for those who are attached to having it within the app: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/quitnow/
- Patches to further empower our distribution story have been uplifted to beta
- Getting as much feedback about our new fonts for this version is key so we're keeping our eyes peeled and ears to the ground bug 831354 - Ship fonts for content in Firefox for Android
- Adios, tab tray menu, the "new tab" icon to the far right is all we need bug 843619
- Nice responsiveness improvement hit central yesterday with the landing of bug 843888 - LayerView has 1 overdraw
- We are very stoked \o/ on the landing of bug 716859 and the patch for bug 829747. The build we are showing at MWC contains both these patches...
- Lot's of good work on the video side of WebRTC and the branch may be merged to m-c next week?
picl (profile in the cloud)
- Browser product leads developing user stories and MVP.
- Development talk happening in mozilla.dev.identity ("[picl]" in subject line)
Release (1.13.2 -> Firefox 19, 20)
Stabilization (1.14 -> Firefox 20, 21)
Development (Firefox 22)
- first stage of aurora uplifts complete, second stage still pending PWPB work
- we're delaying 1.14 release to March 26th due to PWPB delays & impending work week
- emails went out today to exhort add-on devs to re-pack to 1.13.2
- planning to re-pack ~700 add-ons to 1.14 upon release and mark the remainder incompatible with Firefox 20.
- go install Whimsy by bwinton right now
We continue to gather feedback for pdf.js, but things have stabilized. Two smaller issues:
- HWA Crash - Probably related to this windows update . Bug filed .
- Clear list button no longer works in download manager: Small use case. Bug on file .
Digging into slowness on Android Jelly Bean Devices
UX & User Research
Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- Firefox 20 beta for Android adds per-tab private browsing, customizable home screen shortcuts
- Firefox for Android beta adds per-tab private browsing, home screen shortcuts, support for 25m more phones
- Browse Porn In Secret With Firefox 20 Private Search
- Mozilla Introduces Firefox 19 – Seamless PDF Viewing
- Firefox 19 launches with desktop PDF viewer, Android themes and lower CPU limits to support 15m more phones
- Firefox 19 Brings Built-in PDF Viewer, Faster Startup Times
- Firefox 19 brings PDF viewer and 4 critical security fixes