Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 User Experience
- 5 Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox Desktop & Platform
- FF25.0.1 is doing well, no issues known (that would be respin-worthy)
- FF26.0b6 Desktop shipped
- Reminder that next week we will only have one beta, going to build on Monday
- CTP by default will not be shipping in 26, though Java CTP is a go unless unforseen issues arise
- Aurora is in good shape
- Australis has landed!...but target release is Firefox 29 not 28.
- Updating user tour for Australis in progress https://blog.mozilla.org/verdi/344/building-a-new-firefox-update-experience/
- Firefox 29 will have 2 extra weeks on m-c because of holiday push out - see Calendar
- On git.mozilla.org and github.com, the repos gecko-dev and gecko-projects supported and open for business as of Nov 21. See details in Aki's post.
- Team working on Iteration #19 until Friday November 22.
- To date, 9 bugs awaiting development in the Backlog are blocking uplift to Aurora 28: View Bugs.
- To date, 11 bugs currently in development in Iteration #19 are blocking uplift to Aurora 28: View Bugs.
- Profile Sharing: View Bugs.
- 14 out of 23 bugs completed.
- Of the 9 remaining, 2 are currently under development in Iteration #19.
- APZC: View Bugs.
- 9 bugs remain as blockers for Aurora 28 uplift.
27 Total; 0 Open (0%); 10 Resolved (37.04%); 17 Verified (62.96%);
- QA signed off on Fx26 Beta 6: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/26/Beta/6
- Interesting uplifts include a fix for Nexus Devices: bug 935604 - Regression: Graphical corruption shown on screen during page load
- 4.4 stars, still holding steady
- Less than 2 crashes per 100 ADU and we have a recent top crash fix which should make that even better bug 883500
- Crashes are healthy at less than 2 crashes per 100 adu
- Notable uplifts:
- bug 932816 - Unable to close the app if webrtc is being used
- bug 926430 - The wrong thumbnails are displayed in empty grid positions <== regression from favicon caching
- Fresh off the press, bug 937829 - Add multiple quick share buttons, check out the screen shot, here: http://cl.ly/image/2V3N3c3X3C2q
- split console landed, bounced, then landed again!! (screenshot)
- removing the ability to disable some core tools over in bug 938172
- pretty-printing minified code in the debugger is wonderfully fast now
Outreach: after a great couple of weeks, it's all quiet on the western front.
Yes, we now have almost as much nightly feedback as beta feedback.
Current negative feedback themes:
A lot related to customization.
- Removal of Addonbar
- Removal of Tabs on Bottom
- No more small icons
- Inability to move reload/stop
- Some usability/visual issues with Windows 7 Aero
- Mostly Australis - keep the feedback coming
- it landed; there's a post
- Another blog post, particularly around why what is where and customization coming today or tomorrow
- absorbing feedback in various places; would like to coordinate with others gathering feedback
- Workweek in Toronto this week -- Project Chameleon (visual design unification project)
- Extremely preliminary dev tools performance tooling mockup: http://cl.ly/image/09332P3S1t30
- Early work on transitions and perceived perf
- Doorhanger / panel animation: http://phlsa.github.io/ff-bubble-animation/
- Perceived performance of page load: http://phlsa.github.io/ff-page-flow/
- Come to Bill Selman's brownbag on Thursday, Nov.21 on Thailand and Indonesia user-research
- 12 pm PST in Portland and streamed to MV and SF
- watch online at: https://air.mozilla.org/se-asia-unmet-user-needs/
Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team
- The Dolphin browser was updated with features for a master password, night mode and more personalization options.
- The first Jolla device will be released on the 27th of November in Finland. Distribution will be made through the hops of DNA, a local operator.
- Analysis of Google's strategy for influencing the Android ecosystem.
- Developing countries in Asia - Pacific and Africa have been growing the fastest their mobile subscriptions, at rates up to 300% in the last year, according to Flurry Analytics.
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- Indonesia Desktop Campaign: This campaign went live Monday! Background: Viking from the Indonesia campaign is driving a large-scale national campaign to help increase usage levels within Indonesia within Q4.[Laura, Gen, Viking]
- Brazil Desktop Campaign: We're currently in final revisions of this campaign. Background: We're designing a campaign to coincide with the launch of Firefox OS in Brazil in order to leverage our partner's spend in this region. Next step - tentative launch next week [Kristin, Laura & NoBox]
- Van's Triple Crown Sponsorship: Live, first contest started last week.Check it out. The Van's website will most likely be launching a Social API implementation this week. [Brand Team]
- Australis Onboarding Work Week: Complete! See preview here (all copy FPO) and listen to Holly's update live [Jen B, Verdi, and tons of other folks]
- Social API Renaming: FYI - this renaming has been put on hold until our dev outreach timing has been defined. [Laura, Social API Stakeholders]
- Metro Naming Exploration: Happening this week and next. [Laura, Pete, Metro Team]
- Mobile World Congress: OMG get ready. Don't be surprised if you're pulled into messaging meetings by your respective PMMs. [almost everyone]
- Hands-on with Firefox's revamped 'Australis' interface
- Hands-on with Firefox’s new “Australis” interface
- Enter Australis: Mozilla streamlines Firefox's look
Questions, Comments, FYI
- will we observe meeting free week?
- who would we send an Australis sentiment report to?