Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- AirMozilla: for broadcast and saved recordings
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Lawrence)
- 2 Firefox Desktop & Platform (Javaun/Chad/Martin)
- 3 Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
- 4 Developer Tools (Jeff)
- 5 Feedback Summary (Cheng/Tyler/Matt)
- 6 User Experience Research (Bill)
- 7 Market Insights from the Product Team (Kev)
- 8 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Arcadio)
- 9 Questions, Comments, FYI
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Lawrence)
- Firefox 38.0 and ESR 38.0 RCs built and are being tested - release day is Tue, May 12
- Firefox 38.0.5b1 delayed until next week
- Next merge is Monday
- mozilla-release = 38.0.5
- mozilla-beta = 39.0
- mozilla-aurora = 40.0
- mozilla-central = 41.0
Firefox Desktop & Platform (Javaun/Chad/Martin)
- EME launching
- MSE on MacOSX
- In-content Prefs
A Video theme: EME, MSE Win/Mac. This is understandable as a user-facing issue. If anyone is uncomfortable with PR highlighting it like this, please let me know.
38.0.5: A lot of work in flux.
Win64: Call for help. If you've been hands-on with Windows 10, please reach out.
Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
Firefox for iOS
- No longer on the critical path for June 2nd campaign launch
- Scope is not changing, but taking the additional time to complete committed sync work, and to allow time for an external feedback cycle
- No new official launch date yet, as we are dependent on the outcome of the external feedback cycle, but expected to be in terms of weeks, not months.
Firefox for Android
- See Android Trello Board for status of specific features
- Reader View & Local Only Reading List for this release. Pocket Integration is not in scope for the 38 release.
- Tab Queues
- Voice Search
- Password Manager
- Otherwise, light in terms of new feature content as the majority of work completed for this cycle was uplifted.
Developer Tools (Jeff)
- Dev Edition 40 is on track
- perf tools features will be feature flagged off in 40.0, plan is to re-enable in 40.1
- devedition-40 progress - 55 bugs fixed since April 9
Feedback Summary (Cheng/Tyler/Matt)
Pulling weekly MSE summaries