Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- AirMozilla: for broadcast and saved recordings
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Liz/Sylvestre/Lawrence/Ritu)
- 2 Firefox Desktop & Platform (Javaun/Chad/Martin)
- 3 Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
- 4 Developer Tools (Jeff)
- 5 Feedback Summary (Rob/Tyler/Matt)
- 6 User Experience Research (Bill)
- 7 Market Insights from the Product Team (Kev)
- 8 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Winston / Fabio)
- 9 Questions, Comments, FYI
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Liz/Sylvestre/Lawrence/Ritu)
Firefox Desktop & Platform (Javaun/Chad/Martin)
A new point release for 40 is coming tomorrow, including some security and crash fixes.
Beta 5 is on track to release Friday. Crash rate is unusually good for beta so far!
- question from javaun about uplifts for heartbeat to beta.
- talk with ritu, who is working on beta 41. IN general we're looking to mitigate risks, not take major feature changes in beta.
MSE work will be landing here as well as work for the features for the special release.
- questions from Pike for javaun - how can we better describe the localizing work to localizers related to features?
- there is a lot of work to do on private browsing. conversation will continue later!
Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
Firefox for iOS
Firefox for Android
Developer Tools (Jeff)
Feedback Summary (Rob/Tyler/Matt)
User Experience Research (Bill)
Market Insights from the Product Team (Kev)
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Winston / Fabio)
Questions, Comments, FYI
New Meeting Format: Based on a few conversations last week, I'm going to work on solidifying the schedule and content this week to present at the next meeting. Please give any last feedback before Friday!