Firefox/Projects/Personas Uplift Exploration/Weekly Meetings 12.02.09
- 1 Goal of Meeting
- 2 Check-Ins and Open Items
- 2.1 Fx / Product Experience / Security (Johnath)
- 2.2 First-Run experience (Tara/John)
- 2.3 Getpersonas.com Redesign (Ryan/Suneel/Nick)
- 2.4 Extension Development (Suneel)
- 2.5 AMO (Nick/Justin)
- 2.6 IT (mrz)
- 2.7 L10N (Seth)
- 2.8 Metrics (Ken/Pedro)
- 2.9 Legal / Approval Scale (Julie)
- 2.10 Branding / PR (Tara/Jane/John)
- 2.11 QA (Tony/Stephen/Tomcat)
- 2.12 Additional Items?
Goal of Meeting
Support lightweight themes integration in Fx with plan and release of infrastructure required for a holistic product experience
Check-Ins and Open Items
Fx / Product Experience / Security (Johnath)
First-Run experience (Tara/John)
Getpersonas.com Redesign (Ryan/Suneel/Nick)
- P1 bug list: http://bit.ly/6iE049
- Next steps in roadmap:
- code freeze and hand off to QA on 12/3
- QA testing from 12/3-12/9
- release on 12/10
Extension Development (Suneel)
- 1.5RC1 released on 11/25. If feedback continues to be positive, release EOW.
- Installing GetPersonas on Verbatim today and launching today to web l10n community
- Since not all options for choosing personas contact getpersonas.com, the only information we can have on the update ping is the id of the persona. A url like: www.getpersonas.com/updateping/<id>
- Who will develop this on the site?
- When will it be ready? Any target date?
- Will this be in the same logs or redirected to a different machine?
- Will it be possible for the personas extension to be installed on a ff3.6? It's important that we don't account the same user twice
Legal / Approval Scale (Julie)
- Getpersonas content is finalized
- Mozilla.com/legal/notices has DMCA lanaguage
- All lanaguge has gone through the governance process
- Mozilla Japan response
- Discussion at all-hands meeting
Branding / PR (Tara/Jane/John)
- First cut of the video arrived yesterday. Looking good! We have a few rounds of edits before we finalize and meet our hand-off deadline of Friday the 4th, by EOD.
- Implementation starting on Monday (if not Friday). Open bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=527602
- Sent a suggested list of areas where the video can be highlighted for launch - pending review & approval.
- Open bug discussing l10n: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=530632
- Seth B to follow up with Morgamic regarding localizability of video
- (Tomcat) signed off Personas 1.5 Extension - will also be available for helping Stephend with the Website next week.
- (tchung) working on 3.6 compat bugs with the 1.5 extension and namaroka. Verified half of them so far.
- Vishal and I have been working on the Resolved FIXED 2.0 bugs; we're in great shape